Note to New Members ×

Mammoth opening weekend anyone?

Wolfman

It looks like there is a chance for some snow coming Friday! Hopefully that will add some much needed base (of course it is still very early in the season, so we're actually lucky to have any snow on the ground right now).

I'm not optimistic it's gonna snow much. It's gonna be effin cold on the weekend though. I heard single digits at night.

I've ridden MH before this date in the past!

I rode softies in the afternoon today and all I have to say is...be careful of what you read on the internet.. Having ridden the Burton Fusion with both soft and hardboots, I find it insane how much crap is said about softboots and carving. Especially since I was riding with $10 thrift store Burton Ray bindings and $20 thrift store 32 park boots...

is that place the goody box still around down somewhere near Vons? They used to have all manner of cheap stuff, I am still gutted I did not buy the aggression stealth 170 asymetric back in the day when I had the chance (I think it was $100) in the late 90s.

Seems like a trip to Mammoth will be post President's weekend now, as we have a major press conference and work stuff ;_( so not much chance to ride chair 3 this year.