Note to New Members ×

PSA: new Blax 24.5 mondo hardboot for women (bid $3) via ebay

mikel45

• 2 weeks later...

Score! These are mine! Yippee! I've always dreamed of getting to ride in an actual women's boot. I'll have them in about two weeks..... Then it will be REALLY hard to wait for the start of the season. I just hope they fit well. I hate not being able to try boots on first, but that's the way it goes. The funny thing is that the seller lives only about 3 hours away from me!

Well, I never have really had women's hard snowboard boots before, but my experience with ski boots years ago is that the calf in men's boots never fit right and with the men's boots, the flex is generally stiffer. The boots I have been riding in are Raichles... I got them from Germany's eBay several years ago. I don't have them right in front of me now, but they are a softer model... More of a free riding boot than a race boot. Also, because I'm short, I just have to be careful how tall the men's boots are. I had a pair once that we're almost to my knee! I'm not going to sell my old ones until I can try the new ones out on snow. My season usually starts mid-November so I can let you know after that. Are you new to hard booting? Where do you live? It's always a bummer to have to buy boots without trying them on first. I rode in ski boots for many years cause back then, there just wasn't much available in my size.

These are for my son. he is new to the alpine snowboarding, but snowboards for 7 years, he is 12 started at 5. He got in first 10 at the nationals this year, he was the only kid not on the alpine board who got pretty high rating. We are from Ohio and our season runs from the beginning of January and ends in February with snowboarding in the rain half of the time. He tried a race board for the first time at the Nationals, and really loves it. It is impossible here in Ohio to find an alpine gear, let alone to try it on. That's why I was sooo frustrated to loose the bid you won (congrats, BTW). I did not care if they are men's or women's. My son is short, 4"10, so women's would probably work better. I know that we will be buying a whole new gear next year, when he will figure out what he really needs, so now it is a crapshoot, so I am trying to spend as little as I can

So either way I'll get you a pair before your season starts, ok? I think the Raichles will be great for your son and I promise as long as these boots fit ok, that you'll pay less for the Raichles that I have.... Raichle and Deelux are the same boot ... Name changed a few years ago. I saw someone had recommended those boots... I grew up in south central Pennsylvania and moved to Montana about 10 years ago... I am so thankful for the extended season we have here. There is a place near here that has snowmaking equipment, but thankfully not where I ride! My daughter is 11, but she has made it quite clear to me that she has no interest in riding hard boots... I had a little race board ... A 149 Oxygen Proton that I sold a year ago. It was for a man that got it for his son... The funny thing is that I used to teach snowboarding with that guy 20 years ago! You'll find the carving community is relatively small and tight night. I had made friends with a lady online that is a teacher in Pennsylvania who raced at Nationals....

Thanks a lot! The funny thing is, that I am not a snowboarder, I am not even a good skier. But my husband is also a snowboard instructor for the last 10 years, but only tried an alpine board this year at the Nationals. There were very few people in his age group and he also made it. He was the only one not on the alpine board and he got 7th. Now he also wants an alpine board, but he is second in line after my son and he definately has to try his boots on and the only place will be in Colorado if they make Nationals again. Cleveland, OH is not a center of an alpine snowboarding for sure, so I am just a messenger, as soon as my guys know what they want/need, my son will want to go to the forum himself.

There are actually several guys on this forum from Cleveland that are very knowledgable and accomplished carvers. I know they ride in western New York when home and take a few trips every year. I've had the chance to ride with them out here in Montana... As I said, it is a close knit community!