Note to New Members ×

SG Test boards in the Netherlands (Is the right place to post?)

NTwoO

Hi all, I organised some SG test boards for the NL region for the coming couple of weeks. Like myself, most people here ride Swoards, but there might be people that want to see how these boards compare. For those that have not ridden an SG or Kessler yet, they are not as nail hard as one might think. In general very forgiving. The following dates boards could be made available for testing:

Zoetermeer:

19 April

21 April

23 April

26 April

7 May

10 May

Tignes

28 April-5 May (part of the www.familyjam.nl) If you want to come on this holiday with your kids, check out the website. There will be a total of at least 8 hardbooters. If you do decide to join, could you drop me a PM please?

Landgraaf 12-13 May

Available boards

1x FULL CARVE 163

1x FULL CARVE 170

1x each FULL RACE TITAN 163 and 185

1x FREE SOLO 167

1x FORCE FAT 165

1x ALL MOUNTAIN WIDE 169

Do you want to try one of these boards, send me a PM and we can arrange something.

The non metal SG (Full Carve) is a fantastic board. I own a titanal 163 from 2011. It is noticeable at high angles the Full Carve has less torsional stiffness. For my perception, the Full Carve is around 90% of the performance of the Full Race Titan. It does get going at lower speeds than the FRT, which means that it produces a pleasant ride at lower speeds. Subjectively I would say that the Full Carve is more juicy. I would strongly consider to get the Full Carve next time round, irrespective of the price.

Well, the dampening is different. the FRT has carbon that is a very good spring that is then dampened with titanal and rubber. This is very taught and sinewy. The FC has glass that is less of a springy and more dampened by itself. I did not check whether it has rubber in as well, but it will not surprise me if it does not. It is a bit like it is running on 60 profile instead of the 40 profile that is under the FRT. The other possible comparison I could give is with the Golf II GTI. They were brought out with an 8 valve and a 16 valve motor. The 16 valve motor had more kilowatt, but you needed to rev the motor to get to the power. The 8 valve had less kilowatt, but more torque low down that resulted in a more supple drive. It was not as fast with top speed, but for driving in town, it was more comfortable. In Dutch I said that it was "smeuïg" that unfortunately has no suitable translation to English (don't trust the online translations) but means something like juicy/creamy/fatty/tasty.