Note to New Members ×

what board to buy?

theboarderdude

I've been racing hardboots for a year, and snowboarding for 4. I've gone through a board a year, not really knowing what I shud buy. I am looking for a fast board, but something that aint gonna kill me(broken tib on my other hardboot board). I'm gonna save up for a board I am going to keep for a few years, but I need to know what board. I'd get a custom donek, but I don't quite wanna drop 800+. So I want something fast, but forgiving, under 500. I'm thinking a kessler.. what board should I get? thanks in advance!

What kind of racing do you do? How big are you? Where do you usually ride? With more info, people can point you in the right direction. BTW, you can pick up a newer, used Donek or Coiler for about $500 or slightly under. A used Kessler in decent shape will still cost $800 or more--and may not live for more than a few seasons if it's been raced. In general, if you are looking for something more forgiving, go with metal construction and a decambered tip and tail. Good luck.