Note to New Members ×

Base Grind in OC

Miltie

Found someone who knows how to do a decent base grind in Orange County. Have taken 2 boards to REI in Huntington Beach. They have a Grindrite machine with all the bells and whistles. There is a Tech there named Justin that has done a great job on the decks I have taken in. He put a real nice structure on the second deck. Even got my edge bevels at 1 degree and 88 degrees. Reasonable price for full tune with grind at about $45. Looks like they will try to keep the equipment running for the next 2 weeks or so and then store for the summer. Worth a look if you need a grind.

Edited by Miltie
spelling

Found someone who knows how to do a decent base grind in Orange County. Have taken 2 boards to REI in Huntington Beach. They have a Grindrite machine with all the bells and whistles. There is a Tech there named Justin that has done a great job on the decks I have taken in. He put a real nice structure on the second deck. Even got my edge bevels at 1 degree and 88 degrees. Reasonable price for full tune with grind at about $45. Looks like they will try to keep the equipment running for the next 2 weeks or so and then store for the summer. Worth a look if you need a grind.

Thanks Tom, I basically found the same thing at the REI in Tustin, with a seasoned tech named Don. I believe their machine is an SVST (same, better, worse than a Grindrite?) and he knew what I was talking about. Very handy to my location.

• 3 weeks later...