Note to New Members ×

Incline vs. Hazelwood

energyrail

• 2 weeks later...

The Hazelwood has some decamber in the nose. Perhaps a bit more taper. I'm not sure beyond that. You look at getting a HB pow board? In that case, the Hazelwood gets the nod from what I understand.

I'm a bit in the same boat as I'm looking for a powder setup for softies that I can also bomb the mountain with. I planning to talk with Sean about a shorter Hazewood, perhaps with a blunt tail. I'm presently talking with Sean concerning a hybrid Nomad/Incline for a softbooter friend, and depending on how that works out, I may go that route as well.

right now my hard boot allmountain board(powder) is a 2001 192 tanker 10.5r. It is a total noodle. awesome in powder and crud. But it's pretty soft for hard groomed.

thinking about something a little shorter 185, little stiffer(not alpine board stiff), 11.5r no vsr with a decambered nose.

I have never ridden a Hazelwood. I did get Sean to build me a 175 Incline this winter with 24.5 waist and no VSR. I believe he built it along the flex of the FC1, as I told him that I wanted a stiff board that would hold its edge but was forgiving enough to dive into deep snow. I also told him that I would be teaching beginners, riding switch and only using hardboots. This board will lay trenches and does fairly well on chopped groomers (does not absorb the chatter like a metal board, but does surprisingly well). I have had it in the trees in thigh deep snow and it does incredibly well. My only complaint is that it is a bit on the heavy side. It has enough snap to initiate good sized airs, but it feels like it wants to land a little too soon at times. I don't know how many people have run into or over this board (I teach beginners) it is built solid and has minor topsheet dings considering how often it's been hit. I would definitely order another one, maybe slightly narrower.

I have an Access from last year. fibreglass 22.5 waist VSR decambered nose. It's a good Alpine board for me, but "all mountain" it's not, not at Powder King anyway.

a board that is really stiff for a softboot board, but that makes it softer than my access I think. But a round kicktail or twin tip if you prefer always makes things seem soft when doing an off hill comparision. So a 180-185 burton frontier with a decambered nose and a little longer radius, that would rock.