Note to New Members ×

WTB Burton Race Plate Bindings, or other bindings for backcountry use

B Totten

I'm making the switch to hardboots. I'm looking for 2 sets of bindings. One for my splitboard and one for my solid board, both of which I ride in the backcountry. I've got a pair of randonee boots by dynafit (2012 TLT5 Mountain, mondo size 27) that i hear will work better with the smaller diameter bail on the burton race plates as opposed to the bomber bindings. The other appeals of the Burton Race plates are weight and ease of modifying to the split. For the split i'm just looking for the toe and heel pieces off the Burton race plates to mount on the splitboard slider. For the solid board i would need the entire bindings. I'm also open to suggestions of other bindings someone would like to sell that would work for me. I would guess i'm looking for something soft and light. Thank You.

post-11567-141842362679_thumb.jpg

Edited by B Totten

I had a pair of Voile Mountain Plates. I do not trust them.

Beyond the Burton, if you can find them in good condition, F2 bindings used 5.5mil bails until a couple of years ago (now they are 5.9mil). That is what we use on our Voile sliders for TLT5s. The toe and heel blocks will mount directly into the existing holes on the Voile slider. You will probably need boots that are 28 mondo or smaller for either the F2 or Burton blocks to work.

• 3 weeks later...