Note to New Members ×

Palmer Crown 164

Nicotine

OK I'll have a go. I rode the Crown 160 for quite a few years.

The answer depends on a few things: Are you planning to ride it with hardboots, and the year of the board. In looking at your profile, I notice that you are on a Palmer Channel Titanium 164. I think you'll find the board is very little like the Crown. The Crown is wider with a much tighter sidecut. The newer version had a much improved clothoid(sp) sidecut while the older one had what Palmer called a tri-radial sidecut. I much prefer the newer version. They have the same type of sidecut on the Palmer Honeycomb and it is a fantastic board. I think the Channel came in around 9 or 10 meters? The Crown around 8.5 or so. The other factor is the width. The Channel is quite a bit narrower than the Crown. It is a nice wide softboot board that might (and I said might) not work well with plates. It's a matter of preference, really.

So all in all, yes, a very nice, stiff, snappy board that holds its own. pm me if you want further info.