Note to New Members ×

Tool w/allen wrench

Guest jeremiah

Guest jeremiah

Does anyone know of a good snowboard tool with a 5mm allen wrench built in? I've found very few with allen wrenches at all, and they seem to be 4mm, which doesn't do much good with TDs.

I'm currently using a Burton Kron with a standalone allen wrench, but allen wrenches fall out of the pouch often enough to be a real pain. I like the size and shape of this one, but am willing to use anything that I can fit in the tool pocket of my pack.

Jeremiah

Most take-along size tools for cycling include at least 4,5,6 mm allens plus flathead and phillips screwdrivers. The more elaborate ones incorporate bike-specific things such as chain tools and tire levers. Check out Park Tool or Pedro's (which is now owned by Swix) to get started, and all the major mail-order catalogs have online presences, but having worked as a bike mechanic for a long while, I would suggest you patronize your LBS (local bike shop). Hardware stores and your local Home Improvement Box Store should have fold-up allen wrenches in Metric sizes that might be bulkier in your pocket, but will allow for greater leverage than most bike tools can provide.

Hope this helps.

Here is a photo of the two I found. I like them both , one for the pocket , the other for the truck. Seems hard to find them singularly. I ended up buying a few from a large tool company.

Double check, I think Bomber sells a similar item on this site?

Is this what you had in mind?? Sounds like you want a group of tools? One of the things that is cool about this model is it is burly and you can drill a hole in the handle and put a loop on it ? Making it harder to loose and easier to find.

Locals, Let me know if you want one. About 8-10$ each. I have a couple /three of each left. Made by "ALLEN" in the USA!!!

Guest Randy S.

I bought one of those cheap little stubby screwdrivers at Home Depot. The ones where all the bits are held inside a screw-off handle. Then throw away one of the flat screwdrivers and buy a 5mm bit to replace it. Either that or just put the little L-wrench in your pocket.

Bob/Fin: Next time you re-engineer the TDs, please put in a way to carry the tool. You did it for the Bishops. What are we, second class citizens (don't answer that - if you start selling lots of Bishops, we'll quickly become 2nd class)?

Guest jeremiah

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'll either go with the hand rachet that Gecko pointed me to, or buy another Burton Bullet and get a 5mm bit for it. I prefer to have something small with no protuding bits, hurts a lot less if you fall on it that way. (I once fell on a leatherman when I shot over the top of a halfpipe, had a few scary minutes when I was sure I had broken my pelvis.)

I found some interesting tools while I was searching, my favorites being http://www.boardtactics.com/prod/bakoda/Holy+Smokes/ and http://www.boardtactics.com/prod/bakoda/Herbalizer/

I guess those are the tools that will get your pass pulled at certain resorts.

Jeremiah

Originally posted by AMWOOD

May be worth a look...Its only $3.00 . . Cheap & 3 for the price of one!!.

http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=15747&lsubcat_id=7575&lcat_id=7604&referpage=

-OR-

http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=23987

Cool... I need some allen wrenches since I spazzed and left them in my carry on items when flying. apparently I was in danger of taking down the plane by disassembling it from the inside out!

Other fun facts:

- Be wary of carrying those free "Bomber Industry" boot bags into security.

- Knee braces look like grenades because they have an oval X-ray silhouette when the hinges are pressed together

- If you ever say the word "bomb" or "grenade" even if you are saying "It's not a..." security is suppose to reflexively slam the an armed red panic button on the wall and which locks down the security area...

Fun times... :cool: