Note to New Members ×

Canaan Valley or Timberline, WV

piusthedrcarve

• 2 weeks later...

Rode Timberline & Canaan Valley after few inches on last Saturday.

I expected little more snow and better conditions than Southern PA resorts but not really. Timberline was ok but Canaan Valley was not in good condition. Temp. went down to 22' overnight but they didn't make snow to cover dirts on weekday. A lot of icy spots and dirts were found. Only 50% of slopes were rideable. Due to the condition, only rode a rock board.

Anyway, it was great for my 4 years old. I put him on ski school for 2 days and he now ski and is stoked. Once I find him comfortable on downhill, I'll introduce snowboarding.

Sorry I missed this post. Yeah, Canaan is in rough shape. Their snowmaking has been really poor.

Timberline is lucky to be in the shape they are. Its really been a tough season. There have been

some awesome days but they usually only lasted a day. You had to be ready to get there at a

moments notice. Still some decent spring days ahead before the season ends though. Let me know

if you make it back up. I'll be there at least the weekend of the 17th for sure.

Rode Timberline & Canaan Valley after few inches on last Saturday.

I expected little more snow and better conditions than Southern PA resorts but not really. Timberline was ok but Canaan Valley was not in good condition. Temp. went down to 22' overnight but they didn't make snow to cover dirts on weekday. A lot of icy spots and dirts were found. Only 50% of slopes were rideable. Due to the condition, only rode a rock board.

Anyway, it was great for my 4 years old. I put him on ski school for 2 days and he now ski and is stoked. Once I find him comfortable on downhill, I'll introduce snowboarding.

Let me know if you make it back up. I'll be there at least the weekend of the 17th for sure.

I found Timberline's Twister and Upper Dew Drop would be good carving slopes but I don't think the slopes will be in any better condition than last Monday until it gets some dump, which I don't believe it will. But I found Timberline's staff were very customer friendly and has well organized ski school. I will come back for sure next season with my kids.

Upper White Lightning is a lot of fun when its groomed out to its full width. It hasn't been there this year.

Lower Almost Heaven is a nice lower angle carver too. Its probably going to be soft for the rest of the "winter".

Glad you enjoyed your visit despite the poor snow year. The lodge and lifts leave a bit to be desired but the people

and skiing make up for it in my opinion. Ski School is always top notch. Let me know before you come up next season

and I'll hook you up with some lift tickets.

I found Timberline's Twister and Upper Dew Drop would be good carving slopes but I don't think the slopes will be in any better condition than last Monday until it gets some dump, which I don't believe it will. But I found Timberline's staff were very customer friendly and has well organized ski school. I will come back for sure next season with my kids.