Note to New Members ×

Sugar (NC) Sat & Sun (Feb 11/12)

scrutton

Ahh, good conditions. They were blowing all weekends. My only complaint, was with all this snow, how about putting a little on the lift down-ramps to cover the large amount of boilerplate ice. I was thinking of setting up a video camera. I fell twice myself, and there were pile-ups after pile-ups. The lift-guy just sat in his box, and pretended not to see anything.

Ahh, good conditions. They were blowing all weekends. My only complaint, was with all this snow, how about putting a little on the lift down-ramps to cover the large amount of boilerplate ice. I was thinking of setting up a video camera. I fell twice myself, and there were pile-ups after pile-ups. The lift-guy just sat in his box, and pretended not to see anything.

Par for the course at Sugar... main reason I usually go to Beech.... better customer service/vibe all around... plus the lift doesn't take 20 min to get to the top

Yeah, and not to whine, but the main lift at Sugar is a slow 2 person. The new lift at Big Red is a slow 2 person. How about a high speed quad guys, especially when you are putting in a new lift; but really I can see that on Big Red there isn't the traffic. They need one bad on the main run from the bottom. And the lift to get to Big Red (that less people use) is a 3 person (where it's not really needed, as folks didn't seem capable of figuring out how to get on lift with three people - I invited one person to join me, and he said he wanted to ride with his friend - it's a 3 person lift guys, you can both get on); the two person wide lanes to the lift don't help out either, as it appears to be a 2 person lift from the entrance lanes :-)

The worst part was that the main lift had one person checking tickets, which bottle-necked people getting onto the lifts, so some lifts went up without people on it, or just one person (if they could get to the lift on time). An extra person checking tickets would have got more folks up the mountain and reduced lines.