Note to New Members ×

Kessler 185 w/hangl plates

rick.wilkes

For sale: Kessler 185cm with hangl plates. The board has a black topsheet and was built in 2010. Would suit someone around the 170lb mark +/- 10lbs. Although I am 155lb and it works great.

Board is in excellent condition. Has approximately 50 days on it. Base is near perfect. Its only been structured once - at TopRun1 in Switzerland. 85%+ edge left.

$800 + shipping, board and hangls.

Please email me if interested - riq07@hotmail.com.

The pics I have are too large to upload - if you email me I can email them back to you.

The hangls will mount up both goofy and regular. They are the newer generation.

====

On the subject of Hangls, I bought a used Prior with a set like that last year, and they are set up for goofy. I want to switch them to regular, but I can't get them off easily because the top plates seem frozen to the mounts, and the mounting brackets use Torx and the screws are impossible to access with those top plates attached. So; two questions: (1) are the top plates attached to the rest of the rig by anything other than the four screws on top of each plate? (If not, I'll pull the screws again and try and knock them off with a few gentle taps from a hammer.) (2) When I go to regular, will I have to drill new holes in the board to accommodate the new position for the mounting brackets, or can the mounts simply be swapped left to right, and use the same holes? From your board it looks like they can just be swapped.

BTW, I want that exact board, and I'm the right weight for it. Now all I have to do is justify the price.

darko714 - re: the Hangls, if they are the same generation as the ones I have in the picture then they will definitely mount up both goofy and regular. If they are the older generation then the brackets will be attached to the board 'permanently', with wood screws. To answer your questions: (1) the top plates are only attached to the long lower pieces with 4 screws, nothing else. They do sit on 4 rubber gaskets (see the pic above), and sometimes they can get a little sticky. A couple of light taps with a hammer should do the trick. (2) If the inserts in your board are the same as in this Kessler, then you will not need to drill any holes. You would just need to spin the brackets around and put it all back together. If they are not, then there is a good chance that you might have to. Its hard to tell until you've pulled them off the board.

If you're seriously interested in this board please email me and maybe we can work something out.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to pulling hangls. Even though they appear to be the older version, underneath the mountings the board already had the additional holes drilled and tapped!! Also, the holes in the plates are beveled on both sides. Therefore, mounting brackets can be moved and the plates could be swapped to accommodate a regular rider.

Removal was not easy. After taking out the screws, I needed a hammer and a cold chisel to get the plates unstuck from the rubber grommets. Then, of course the mounts were secured to the brackets by eight (2 per mount) of those little steel tubes with the Torx (#25) on both sides. I only had one Torx but a 2mm Allen wrench jammed in worked to secure the back and I got them out. Once one side was out a hammer and small nail was used to tap the tube out the other side. The brackets were a problem, too. Each was attached by a single Phillips screw. Three came out with Herculean effort. Five did not succumb. I needed my Giant Phillips Screwdriver of Death for four of those. The last one was so stubborn that I tapped the bracket counterclockwise with the hammer and chisel until it made almost a half circuit, and it still wouldn't budge. The next day I bore down on it with the GPSD and finally got it. The semi-clear topsheet was slightly damaged but not from my efforts, but from the bracket having been on so tight.

There's a total of forty-four mounting holes in this board (Prior WCRM metal top circa 2009) so without bindings it looks like it took a couple of bursts of machine gun fire. I put my brand new F2 Race Titaniums on and rode it for a couple of hours on the "hero granular" after work last night. The board feels light as a feather and switches edges quicker, but seems to have more of a tendency to oscillate and chatter on the rough stuff without the Hangls. Which leads me to consider re-mounting them in the future. I'm sure that could also be solved by getting steeper when I initiate my turns . . . but that is a whole nuther issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...