Note to New Members ×

What boots to get?

NSSage

What boots should I get I want to buy Deeluxe boots but I don't now which ones. I race but I am a very lightweight rider (120 lbs) and I am afraid if i get boots like the track 700 they will be too stiff so I am thinking about the track 325. What do you think?

Lots of info here on Bomber but to address your concerns.

IF you have a Deeluxe foot you can BTS any of the boots from 225, 325, 700T (someone confirm this please) and this is highly suggested among many riders here on Bomber.

http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/BTS-kit_p_106.html

BTS allows for a more progressive flex that you can fine tune with the springs. In your case get the softest ones but you can always give the shop a shout for details or other members might chime in. FYI The plastics for all models are different as well (softer or stiffer, symmetric/asymmetric flex).

With Head Stratos Pro's you're getting a stiffer boot but it's high volume ie wide foot, high instep/arch. These you can cut the "wings" at the back (lots of posts on this) to soften them up and with slight modification add BTS.

UPZ's (RC10) are moderately stiff out of the box but you can get the softer tongues for those too. These have a narrower heel and average forefoot width. Some will contend that they have to widest toebox out of the 3 but I find them narrower than my Head's.

You can also keep an eye out on the classified section for older Raichle's (now Deeluxe) that might be softer flex for you. Having said all this, you may find a stiffer boot an added benefit while racing depending on how aggressive you are. Hope that helps and others can chime in too.