Note to New Members ×

Now that the snow is in...

ZetaTre

...my season might already be over :mad::mad::mad:

Around Xmas we went up to Mammoth and twisted my knee while doing a heel side turn. The rest of the day was hell and the following I resisted thanks to Ibuprofen. In a week the pain and swollen was practically gone so I was happy again.

Then last weekend I went back to Summit and once I got home I noticed my left knee was about twice the size of the right knee.

This AM I went to the Doc and she said I need an MRI but quite possibly I have torn the meniscus...

DAMMIT I JUST TURNED 30 THIS YEAR AND I'M ALREADY FALLING APART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smashfrea:smashfrea:barf::AR15firin:nono:

Torn miniscus is no big deal Luca. They take care of it with a simple arthroscopic procedure. I have had two of these procedures myself. Threee small incisions into the knee for the camera and snipping tools.

When I had my knee "scoped" I was back on the volleyball court within three weeks time. While that was probably not what the Dr. ordred he asked me how it felt and I said fine. He then said, just don't overdue it, ice it after use and stop if you feel pain. I never did.

You'll be back to carving soon!

And no more comments abot you getting old and falling apart, I have got 20 years on you bambino! When your knees ache and the hip joints ache and ibuprfen is part of your dailiy regiment,right after the morning poo then, and only then, can you begin to talk about falling apart!!

You'll be fine. You have plenty of injury catching up to do :smashfrea:smashfrea

Just keep up with the PT and it'll all be good. You might even make it back out for the tail end of the season. I had a "scope" surgery back in college around November and made it to the slopes in January (that's when the season really started, not because I couldn't stand to go any earlier)...

Anyway, GL and heal up quick.