Note to New Members ×

powder board

bigwavedave

Looking for dedicated resort powder board to use with hardboots. Most of my riding is midwest groomers, but I would like to have something (used/inexpensive) for those rare powder vacations. I am 5'11", 180#. I have a 167ATV, which is a great AM board and really shines carving in soft snow and crud, but not as much fun in deep snow and trees.

I'm thinking of something like a 4807 or pow-stick. Something that could also be fun riding to and from the powder areas.

Another board you might consider is a Dupraz. I ride a Dupraz d1 on a real powder day. I am not interested in selling the 2 I have. they are designed to be ridden with either hard or soft boots. I ride mine with softer hard boots-Deluxe Lemans. I only ride it when there is a lot of powder or deep slushy spring snow. I am about the same weight as you. I do not ride in trees. My Dupraz is a 179. I don't know if you could get one real cheap? They have been for sale once in a while on this forum. The problem with powder boards is you have to be willing to buy one to have when needed. I have yet to ride mine this year but I am glad to have it. All board sports in BoulderCO is the place to buy a Dupraz if you can't find one used. 303-415-1600

Thanks for the suggestion SBF. The Dupraz has good reviews on this forum and they sure look nice. It's hard for me to justify the expense for something I might use once a year, but one wants to have the right tool for the occaision. I'ld seriously consider one for under $300., but...

I'm gonna go for a Dynastar 3800 from Boris. It seems close to what I want, and I can get it right now. Haven't heard anything but good things about them. New board, good price.