Note to New Members ×

beep like a jeep

willywhit

I just bought a Jeep this year, an older one, and I was looking forward to showing it off as well as getting free tickets at the Jeep Owner Appreciation Days.

http://home.comcast.net/~cdstonge/scram01.jpg

I do not have confirmation yet, but someone told me a month or so they discontinued it this year. I may stop by the dealer to see if it is true, but I have not found anything on the web with reference to a schedule for this year. Maybe DC is too cheap and is trying to save some money??

(edit to fix broken link)

I emailed the link on snocountry and I think you're right Ben,no go this year. Too bad, we went to a bunch of jeep days over the past few years. That scrambler would've turned some heads, too(add .jpg to the link)Where on the Cape are you? I'm in Hyannis alot in the summer and you should learn to kitesurf with us, if you haven't already. Shoot me an email if you wanna do some carving up north. My bud in Buzzards Bay heads up to Mt Snow alot with us and I've got the hook up for a bunk $15 bucks a night.

I used to sail a bit in buzz bay, windsurf that is...haven't been there in years. I haven't tried kitesurfing yet, but I sure do want to. My in-laws have a place in Chatham, so I am out there quite often in the summer. I see guys on kiteboards quite a bit, in front of the light house, on both the ocean side and inside Monomoy at the bath tub...

Ben, Here's a sweet shot of Chatham from last summer. 100's of seals swimming around( trying to avoid Whitey) and a kite playground here at the light. " If you don't learn to kitesurf this year, you'll still suck again next year" or something like that....I grew up on Buzzard's Bay and windsurfed ALOT until kiting happened.

post-123-141842199696_thumb.jpg

OK wWilly & Ben, I fixed the link. It was a little late when I posted last night.

Ok, answers:

NO RUST on the Jeep, no bondo, no filler, nuthin' but clean sheet metal. 100% original, I had to "import" it from Houston Texas. Its an '84.

I live in Hyannis, right around the corner from Kalmus Beach, so I see my share of kitesurfers in the neighborhood, although myself I prefer traditional surfing. I also live around the corner from the owner of the "Wind Snow & H2O" shop lives. His shop occupies the spot that Spound Sailboarding occupied a few years back on Barnstable Rd. When I surf, I avoid "Whitey" by going further north than Chatham to surf up the coast in Eastham or Wellfleet.

Rentals: I think the above mentioned shop does rentals. Also, In West Dennis, near the Bass River Bridge, there is/was a shop that did rentals, it was either Howlin' Howies, or a shop that occupied a space right near there. In Eastham, this Summer there is/was a new shop called "Little Outside" which did rentals. It is is a little house which shares a parlking lot with a sports bar/pub, but I cant think of the pubs name, It is just north of the driving range in North Easham right on Rt 6, on the right hand side of the road. "The Boarding House" had that same spot rented a few years back.

I'll keep you in mind for carving up north, thanks for the offer!

ht247, You're right in da hood, brah. My buudy's place is right across from the JFK memorial on Ocean st. ( #433, Yamaha Jetboat, 21' Winnebago). Gregg is the wind snow h20 guy. and I know the house he's in the you speak of. Kiting, in general, doesn't do rentals. It's just too sketchy to have people try to figure it out on thier own.( but you can buy gear and "wing it")I kinow the guys from Boarding House from way back, you prob know some of the backyard ramps on the cape, too. WHITEY is cruising the open ocean all over. We'll have to hook up for some carving up North. I'm off to North Conway this afternoon. Check this out(did you see North Shore Oahu ie Waimea was 40' yesterday, too?)Cowabunga Bodie! ultimate rides! Australian Teen Surfer Killed by 2 Sharks

ADELAIDE, Australia (AP) - Two great white sharks attacked and killed a surfer while his friends watched in horror Thursday off a popular beach in the southern Australian city of Adelaide, authorities said.

The 18-year-old man had fallen from a surfboard being towed by a power boat when the sharks attacked off West Beach mid afternoon, South Australia state Sea Rescue Squadron spokesman Fraser Bell said.

One shark tore the victim in half and the second shark took the remains, witnesses said.

Two of the three 16-year-old boys who were in the tow boat witnessed the attack and received medical treatment for shock.

Police and state emergency services said there had been no sign of the victim or the sharks since the mid afternoon attack despite extensive searches of the coast.

Bell said the sharks, also known as white pointers, were between 15 and 17 feet long. They attacked about 250 yards from a crowded beach.

``He fell off the surfboard and the shark appeared and took him,'' Bell told reporters.

``It tore him apart ... apparently it tore him in half and the other shark came in and took the rest.''

A woman on the beach who was not named told Seven Network television the shark that led the attack ``caught his left arm and took him around the boat and then another shark has come in and they just took him to pieces.''

The group of four friends, all from Adelaide, had been on the water for just 30 minutes before the attack.

Asked if there were any chance the victim had survived, Bell replied, ``None whatsoever''.

Hey willy, yup, you know da hood I'm talkin' bout!

Ele é um mundo pequeno, não é ele?

(Don't get excited about my Portuguese, I used a translation machine, although tho know Portuguese in Hyannis is becoming more important ona daily basis.)

I know his house well, pass it all the time when I head uptown. I always scratch my head trying to figure out how he gets so much stuff in that little yard! I would have liked to have bought it back when it was for sale before the Real Estate market went berzerk, even though it is down in the swamp. I wouldnt want his flood insurance bill though! I live about 1/2 way between Gregg's house and your buddy's house. The next time you are on Ocean St, head towards Kalmus, take a RT on Gosnold, and as you go past the first sidestreet on the LEFT, look LEFT, and you should see my Jeep in the driveway in the second house on the left (white ranch). Street name omitted for privacy purposes for everyone else, but you know the hood and you cant miss me. Stop in the next time you are around. If there's both a the JEEP and a white BMW in the driveway, then I'm home for sure. If the BMW's not in the driveway, it could also possibly mean that its in the shop (Whenever I get it fixed, even for somethign minor, my mechanic is on his own time table so it takes FOREVER), so stop by anyways. I'd love to talk carving or wahtever, and thanks for the offer to carve, maybe we can hook up.

Ironically I live next to my folks (I bought my house from my good neighbor's family when they decided to sell, couldn't turn it down cuz of the location), and my brother and his family live 2 houses over from your buddies, near the EXIT of JFK. I was also Gregg's brother's neighbor for 2 years when I owned a condo prior to my house.

I have known Mike and Paul from Boarding house a long time, although I wasn't born here, I spent my summers here until I became an adult and moved here full time, so I know alot of the locals through being here such a long time. I met Mike when he worked at the Kandy Korner on Main St, probably 10 years ago, he started there when I stopped working there. He moved on to Ben & Jerrys, then the Boarding House. Him and his wife used me as a realtor when they bought a house last spring. They have always treated me right at the Boarding house so I don't shop for surf gear anywhere else.

Not too familiar with the Skating scene though because I wasn't allowed to skate as a kid, and it would have looked foolish to learn to skate vert at age 21 when you are 6'3" and 200 lbs. I looked silly enough learning to snowboard at age 21. I learned to surf at age 19.

A friend of mine had a roommate this summer, she worked at that Kite/windsurf shop in Dennis, and I know she had mentioned some of the rental gear was for sale, so that particular shop apparently did rentals.