Note to New Members ×

Dupraz, Coiler, Never Summer, and Nideckers oh my!

blastpanel

This is to the OP and a general suggestion. When listing carving gear on ebay put the words alpine, carve, and carving(and any others you can think of) in the title or description and you'll get more hits and hopefully more money.

I don't have the cash for that Coiler but if I did I wouldn't have caught it on my saved searches. I realize you can put in a search for every brand carver, it just seams a little excessive.

Just a tip from a 17 year ebay veteran.

• 3 weeks later...

I've dropped all the board from eBay for now as I'm off in Colorado ripping up some snow! I will be back at the beginning of March and plan to re-list the Coiler. I weigh 160 (which probably equals 170 with gear on) so the board should be a good match. I do have a couple pairs of F2 titanium step-in bindings that may get sold as well. I'll give an update when the time comes. Thanks again!

The NS is still for sale, but it's back in NC and I won't be able to ship it until March. It's a great board, but definitely favors the freestyle side of the spectrum. It will carve well, but does have a short radius (7.8?). The board is in almost new condition. The only flaw is a small nick on the side of the top sheet where UPS dinged it. It's very small, and otherwise the board is perfect.

Also, I'm going ahead and re-listing my Coiler All Mountain 172 Titanal as the board is with me in CO and will ship from here. It's an awesome ride. I'm doing mostly backcountry lately, and a board like this should get more use!

The NS is still for sale, but it's back in NC and I won't be able to ship it until March.

That's great actually.... I've been planning on hitting their demo tour on March 3/4 when it hits Sugarbush and Smuggler's notch. Leaning towards an F1 or Heritage. Have a Donek wide 161 (want to trade?) and am looking for something a little less stiff, lighter, and quicker turning (or some approximation thereof).

What year is it, and any pics?

I started riding the NS boards a couple years ago and really love them. I previously had a Donek Incline (10 years ago) and rode Prior boards for a long time (MFR, Spearhead, Powstick, 4WD, ATV, WCR). The Never Summer Premier F1 168 is my current go-to board. I'm a big fan of the RC hybrid camber and think it provides the perfect blend of agressive carving ability and playfulness. The multi-radius sidecut works great in conjunction with the camber profile. If you ride the board very centered, the shallower sidecut between your feet allows for excellent stability and edge hold at speed. Once you crank on the board, it responds quickly and the deeper sidecut kicks in. The F1 is the best quiver killer I've found yet. The Heritage is also great and if I rode more freestyle features I'd hang onto it. It's a lighter, snappier, slightly softer board with a smaller turning radius. If you like to charge the mountain, bust crud, and don't ride switch a lot, go for the F1. If you're hitting more freestyle runs, ride switch more, and want something with more pop, pick the Heritage. NS makes awesome boards, and I think either board will exceed your expectations. Just take a little time to adapt your riding style their camber & sidecut design, as it's unique and requires a little experimentation to master. post-7793-141842359305_thumb.jpg

post-7793-141842359288_thumb.jpg