Note to New Members ×

News 2011/2012 - F2 RACE TITANIUM CNC

H2O

I agree with Terekov.These will undoubtedly be much stiffer than the non cnc model and will probably not posess the flexibility that made the bindings so popular in the first place.I have a set of the non cnc ti intec model and find them to be plenty stiff while allowing for a small amount of forgiving and feel enhancing flex. I currently use skiboots and standard bail bindings however;because of the rigidity of the skiboot sole for edge to edge response and the flexibility of the bail system to allow lateral movement,which is why for my next step up in performance...

I'll be saving up my 459.00 for Sidewinders thank you.

i'm not sure. it looks like they have some rubber layer under the blocks/wedges, rather than the shiny black plastic of the carrier body.

i'd hope that they've not just done a straight plastic->metal swap without considering flex. certainly interested to try though, i get plenty of flex from my current f2 intecs.

to allow lateral movement,which is why for my next step up in performance...

and I - after iterating around dozen of bindings, including catek os1 - intec and bails, td2 - intec and bails, f2s and other minors (fin's, snowpro, ...) - set on f2 race ti with older 5.5mm bails (with stratos pro, grooms, moguls, freerides) - best feel ever. all I want is a cheap and endless supply of replacement 5.5mm bails :) there's no problems with plastic (I personally know of 2 plastic breakage, and lotta more broken metal bindings (esp. nonspringy bails of td and cateks)

so thank you, f2, hope that f2 speedster proto with f2 cnc race is a good 2000EUR for someone, but I don't know someone who care, and it's definitely not a progress :)

it's probably the way i initiate heelside turns, i have a tendency to 'pull' my front leg into the turn, but i've broken the front intec toe-block twice now. big crack beside the toeside mounting screw. :(

maybe some reinforcement rather than reimplementation is needed.

i know exactly where the rear bail will break: right at the neck of the block....put this binding on a EC board with people that know how to push and work their balance sideways on the board and "pop" you get the broken bail...

Not sure if they did all the right field experiments with that one...

Hopefully i'm wrong !

Nils

i know exactly where the rear bail will break: right at the neck of the block....put this binding on a EC board with people that know how to push and work their balance sideways on the board and "pop" you get the broken bail...

putting KNOWN and extreme pressure on board through bails - is a technique deficiency, as I saw it. "ride as no bindings connect you and boots support - think surf"... this is the best advice from some unknown enlightened rider which unloaded the strains on my beaten knee (5 years of no problems and counting...) and have learned me ride without falls..