Note to New Members ×

Kessler 185 w/ modified Tinkler Hengel plate

josh_wylie

This board is nearly brand new, it was my race board for the 2010 season. Not ridden at all last year. Length 185, width 20.2. Only raced on it 3 times leading up to the 2010 Olympics. Fully prepped and ready to race with a modified Tinker Hengel Plate. The Tinkler plate is carbon and wood. It was stored in a dry warm room with plenty of wax on the base. I will be shipping the board with an F2 sleeve and F2 medium bindings. It is set up for a regular rider but can be swopped over with our to much trouble. Please make me an offer. Highest bidder wins.

post-8438-141842348996_thumb.jpg

post-8438-141842348999_thumb.jpg

I believe this set up is very similar to one I bought from another WCR. It is very damp, super edge hold and "YES" they can be ridden by rec alpine riders.

My guess is the Hangl was also modified by Tinkler? This was the thing to do around this period in time.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Usdnns4YIbo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PS. I am at about 245lbs.:o

That is Mike Tinkler going by me at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my question is

What gives better race performance? Is the modified tinkler able to slide as much as the bbp. My hangle only moves very slightly on two feet. But the Tinkler design has a plate connecting both. However if it only moves as much as it did before modification then i would assume that the BBP or donek plate is superior in the range of movement. I believe that would be the only factor involved. For instance wouldnt the donek plate and BBP accomplish the identical thing. and wouldnt then the a modified plate be the same also?? You rode everything do they perform the same similar or different. I know that when i tried the hangle i did not notice much. When i tried the vist i noticed a little. I was thinking solid plate gave more effect. My buddy says when he first tried the bbp he had a lot of trouble the first day. then liked it. That would indicate that the bbp has a large effect?

This olympic race set up was know doubt modified by Mike. They have plenty of travel. Different in that they have more connection points. Not to be confused with the new Tinkler plate systems. They are completely new and of Mike's design. Simple and effective. That should be another thread though.