Note to New Members ×

Alta/Snowbird questions

Sharkey

If anybody has some opinions, i'm looking for some guidance on doing a weekend trip to this area. We are looking at lodging at Snowbird because of concerns with what appears to be a pass from SLC closing down in bad weather. Is this the case? worth worrying about? I'm from Michigan and would hate to have bad weather/good snow keep us from the resorts.

The price for lodging is up there, but it is what it is I guess. How is the nightlife, or is there a nightlife right at Snowbird? any help or suggestions are appreciated!

I've been to SLC about 20 times in the last 15 years. I've only known the canyon to be closed twice when I've been there. If Little Cottonwood is closed (to Snowbird), Big Cottonwood (Brighton, Solitude) may still be open. It is possible to get stuck, but it's their business to keep those roads open. I've never worried about it. Staying at the resort is nice, but staying in town is cheaper. Do yourself a favor, park at the bottom and take the bus if the weather is bad.

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32621&highlight=utah

No boarding at Alta or Deer Valley.

If snow is plentiful and the sun shines, check out the Strawberry side of Snow Basin. Weekends can be busy and getting away from town may find less locals on the hills.

Several other hits to be found using the Search function.