Note to New Members ×

OT:DBD Dead

willywhit

fellas! whoa! I saw Pantera ONCE and was impressed with how they epitomized speed metal/thrash metal and how into it thier fans were. I'm not a big fan and I was working at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston when I saw them so I could get down into the "pit" and pretty close to the stage. I remember it was friggin' LOUDER than any show I'd ever seen(and I've seen 100's).Darrel had a badass purple and red billy goat scruff and mean stage presence. Yesterday I went digging for the pick I caught that night and found it in the Galactic Cowboys CD case( I think they opened that night)and it said "Cowboys from Hell" tour with Dimebag Darrel on the back. That was 10 years ago and Darrel was only 28. Pretty sad stuff.

I was fortunate to see Pantera twice in concert - absolutely awesome. One of the best live shows I've ever seen.

My brother and I jam together a lot, he on guitar and myself on drums. We were both very influenced by their music. In my opinion they were part of the 90's metal scene "big three" at that time. (Sepultura and Slayer being the other two)

DBD will be missed. I'm going to go home and play the double base tonight until my legs fall off.