Note to New Members ×

Racers in N.NV/CA

FilipinoFlyer

Alpine ran Nastar last season. You can buy a "season pass" and run the gates as often as you like (they aren't always set up / open). But they are full-size skier race gates.

I assume you know about the North Tahoe USASA League, right? http://usasa.org/regions/western-region/north-tahoe.html - They run a series of races, but not training. There's also something called Open League and Sierra League, which are weekend-warrior beer-leagues for old guys like me. They run some SB races - most exciting is Sierra League's Super G in early March that's open to anyone and includes a full day of training at full speed.

You could also try tracking down Mort Nyberg at Squaw. I think he still runs their race team, and in the past he's been open to having outsiders come train with them. If you can do that, I'd jump on it.

I hope that helps. I'll also PM you a couple of contact names that might help.

Mort is your best bet in Tahoe! He is a great coach and a fun guy to ride with. The Squaw team trains a lot too. If you feel like driving, there is dedicated race training Wednesday/Friday nights and Sunday mornings at Mount Shasta Ski Park about 4 hours north of Tahoe. That is were I grew up and there is quite the hard boot following up there. Not quite what it used to be but to have gates set up 3 hours a day, 3 days a week was a luxury!

Jondre,

You're back in tahoe now and wanting to get in gates again? What's up with that!?!

I thought you sold most of your goods a year or so ago.

Good to see you back on board again Would love to ride with you if you ever make it out to CO again or I get to tahoe which actually may happen. My sister-in-law lives outside Sac so we may visit this winter to session Squaw with Mort. Now that I know you are around again maybe get a ride in with you as well.

Ink

Yup - yup.

I'm back in it. I'm planning on racing at a few FIS level and maybe the NorAm Finals this year. I can't stay away. I'll also be "rep"-ing a board company for a friend of mine (more details to follow) starting this winter. So Tahoe will be perfect for that.

And yes, I moved that fam up to Reno (again). Let's ride this winter for sure. I'm planning on being at Copper on Nov 16-18th so - let's plan of having lunch and taking some turns.

Talk soon - Filipino Flyer

Yup - yup.

I'm back in it. I'm planning on racing at a few FIS level and maybe the NorAm Finals this year. I can't stay away. I'll also be "rep"-ing a board company for a friend of mine (more details to follow) starting this winter. So Tahoe will be perfect for that.

And yes, I moved that fam up to Reno (again). Let's ride this winter for sure. I'm planning on being at Copper on Nov 16-18th so - let's plan of having lunch and taking some turns.

Talk soon - Filipino Flyer

Cool! But I just checked the schedule and that event is Nov 14, 15. Hope you don't miss the event.

Ink