Note to New Members ×

Here are some more details...

ENNY

Okay so I just started on my alpine board 2 yrs ago although I have been on a board for close to 12 years, I still do pipe and rails as well.

-Last time I used my board was nationals for college and the angles were 47 and 37, I am regular footed and really don't like to use can't plates...they put to much strain on my back calf...

-hmm lets see I am not really to good at laying out carves yet cause I a little scared, I know it sounds funny, but on my little board I feel like I am going to flip over the front...

-I don't know what my side cuts are at but its an 5.1 Burton Ultra Prime Dark Blue with Orange around it, I think 2000 or 2001, I like how stiff it is for the conditions out here though...

-Lets see again I have tiny feet about a ladies 7 so I have size 23 boots, I am only 5'4'' and I don't weigh much...

-So I do want a new thinner and longer board...and I want to be come very competitive in racing...I still have two years left on my college team...

-I hope this is enough information for you, sorry I don't know more, I am trying to learn alot about this sport as I go along, and its a big adjustment from the way I would ride my salomans...

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED (and for warning I don't really know how to send replys that well, sorry)

*ohh yeah if you know of any camps let me know or anyone that would be interested in helping me learn more...I am totally willing to travel for help, there isn't many people around here...

-ENNY

HEllo Enny,

I ride with Tim who posted in your other thread, and there is a large contingent of hardbooters at our home hill near Madison, WI. We all race in NASTAR handicapped leagues and USASA and are always willing to help out new people. I have also been an instructor for just over 10 years as well. I'm sure we're not near as qualified as a lot of the hard core racers on this site, but we are constantly reviewing our own and each others riding so we should be able to help you out. If you ever get down this way we ride at Tyrol Basin and if you e-mail or post here I'm sure someone will ride with you for a weekend.

Brett

Enny

First don't give up on hard boots. You might well know that men's and women's calves are different, and so boots don't fit exactly the same. You might try looking for a hard boot with a lower cuff.

Second, try riding with the rear boot in the walk mode. You still get a lot of support, but have the flex to keep out the cramping or too much pressure.

I have had boots I couldn't wear for exactly the same reason, so I just changed them for another model and it worked out very well.

Good Luck

Guest Randy S.

I would say definitely look at the Donek Freecarve 1 in a 163 length. The added stiffness and length will eliminate that "going over the nose" sensation you are getting with the Burton. The board is narrower and therefore will be much quicker edge-to-edge. The thing will rock in tight SL courses, but be stable and fast enough for GS too. Top it all off with the fact that you can get really cool/cute topsheets on it (see below).

print11.jpg

print06.jpg

print05.jpg

I want to thank everyone for all of there advice you have no clue how helpfull it is...Trust me...

And for those of you in Madison, I go down to Milwaukee alot and would love to meet up with you.

Any one in lower Michigan too, that can teach me a few things would be helpful...

I am going to call Donek and see what can be worked out otherwise I am really looking seriously at some 160's Volki's...

Any more suggestions are more than welcome...

Thanks again... ENNY xoxo