Note to New Members ×

Warning;more gopro video...

Steve Prokopiw

Thought Mardi Gras would be a great excuse to take a fagbag out of the closet(hehe)and wear some beads.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wSnUg_XR2Sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Steve Prokopiw
misspelled Mardi Gras :-)

Thought Mardigras would be a great excuse to take a fagbag out of the closet(hehe)and wear some beads.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wSnUg_XR2Sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now that's funny...I don't care where you're from...Never heard a onesy called that...I'm all for political incorrectness!!! :):):)

Now that's funny...I don't care where you're from...Never heard a onesy called that...I'm all for political incorrectness!!! :):):)

Me too,but in the youtube description I put 'retro bag' since many of my family(my kids for example) and facebook friends would see it.Ironic that I am more comfortable being non pc here than on facebook...

Me too,but in the youtube description I put 'retro bag' since many of my family(my kids for example) and facebook friends would see it.Ironic that I am more comfortable being non pc here than on facebook...

You did the right thing...BTW you looked pretty good in the F/B and beads :lol:

Edited by glenn

• 2 weeks later...
but wants to just like Karver Kai.Here's my six year old Nathan,who has just gotten back into snowboarding in the last week after skipping the last two seasons to ski so he could keep up with big brother Evan.Thanks to Elise for the awesome deal on his great little Burton Grom boots! Like Bryan said in an earlier post,'cute boys,proud Dad'.That they are and that I am:-)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tPCYMcO6FVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dang, I totally missed this. Sorry about that to both of you Nathan and Steve.

Nathan you are doing awesome! This is right about where KarverKai was at six if you look back at some of his older vids. It won't be very long, working with your dad, that you will be carving up the mountain with him. Just like KarverKai and I do now. I expect we will be seeing you at SES in a couple years to ride with the other boys, KK, Billy and Cody.

You have something to be very proud of Steve. Keep having fun.

Ink

That means a lot coming from you and KK! Funny thing was,Nathan,Evan and I all got the flu and spent the next week out of commission.Nathan 'dreamed' of snowboarding every night that he was sick and wouldn't you know it,he didn't pick up where he left off,he took control of his toeside from the get-go! Check it out :-)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ddTZCNlAsEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 4 weeks later...

In this vid Mark Miller and I are testing out each other's designs.I had a blast in spring crud on the X7,and Mark got to check himself out from a view he had never seen before.A very well made,energetic, carbon board showing that the Thirst brand has real potential.Pics of the board to follow in the next post.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6O0pUtYX3iQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The tune in the video is by DJ Morphiziz and is called,appropriately enough,'Brr'. Mark is indeed ramping up to produce boards for the public.The 175cm(20.3 waist) carbon fiber X7 I tested which is a bit of a working prototype that I have really enjoyed riding,has a very solid build.I was scared to ride it at first as it is very stiff,but had to eat my words.It is very snappy but it's shape rides more forgivingly than my second hand 182 Coiler(one of my favorite all time boards).He can, of course vary the flex per rider requirements.I can't post the high res photos I took of it directly so I wll link to them as soon as I upload them. Mark does have a website thirstsnowboards.com,but does not yet have pics of his soon to come production boards.Personally I hope he succeeds as I like his enthusiasm and unique approach to certain design aspects.His success in his 'real' job as owner/op of a successful automotive shop suggests that he will.The board I have been testing seems to reflect that.I will be giving him feed back on his new 8X in a week or so.Based on my experience with the X7 I'm excited to ride the X8.

Edited by Steve Prokopiw

As stated in the NICE Chronicles thread,I am moving all the Umustcarve videos to Vimeo as I am over all the bs with youtube/google.I'm not sure ,but it seems the solution will be to delete this and the NICE threads and start over.Hopefully a good thing all around:-)

As stated in the NICE Chronicles thread,I am moving all the Umustcarve videos to Vimeo as I am over all the bs with youtube/google.I'm not sure ,but it seems the solution will be to delete this and the NICE threads and start over.Hopefully a good thing all around:-)

It turns out I've bitten off a bit more than I could chew by thinking I could move all the Umustcarve videos to Vimeo very quickly.I am going to leave the youtube channel intact for awhile as I build the Vimeo channels(kids race team will have their own channel ets) for our different pursuits,as it looks like people are actually watching the existing youtube videos and it will take some time to re-edit new music etc.New videos will be uploaded to Vimeo however.Vimeo has a fantastic libray of undiscovered music,and as a music lover I am excited to use it.

Vimeo requires a 'pro' account for me to show off my good friend's boards(ie shamelss promotion) so I'll be sticking with youtube for a little while hehe.I deleted the last post to replace the video with the musical version.I encourage people to post their own gopro stuff in this thread if you so choose.Thanks for sharing,pokkis:-)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ig-2G4sb7MU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Steve Prokopiw
msg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are Mark and I riding two boards he built.We were both slackers this past Saturday,and didn't get on the hill before it turned to mush.The relatively stiff179 Mark is riding is hands down the best slush board I've ridden.The 188, more flexible and built for me,was a blast this weekend on Silver 'Slush' Saturday, but I would love to have tried it in firm snow.I think it's a gonna be a winner:-)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GOOo2kI26Bs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Dave Smith Motors we got a surprise day at Silver Mountain on Mothers Day two weeks after they had officially closed.In some clips we were playing around to see if Mark could stay in view of the camera,but that's harder that we thought...;-)Also,Mark was on the new 188 for the first time and wasn't thrilled about using the cam so I used it on both boards.However,the way Mark rode the 188 left me wishing we had put it on for him.Also wish we had done some handheld clips,but what you see is what you get.Mainly,it's just cool we got to go riding on May13th!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k-9o3I7Qgyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>