Note to New Members ×

Anyone in the area of Watkins Glen, NY?

Michelle

I'm looking to go to an event in Watkins glen but looking at hotel room prices online is enough to keep me away. Does anyone know of a cheap-ish ($50/night) place that may not be listed on any web sites? The "local" place? As long as it's clean and doesn't have bed bugs, I'm ok with it.

OR

Does anyone live in the area and want to loan me some camping gear for the weekend? I can camp, but don't want to lug all my stuff over there just for a few nights.

I'm also open to suggestions.

This might be too far away for you but when I go to Kanona, NY for work I normally stay at the Microtel in Bath, NY. It typically runs me about $70 a night, and would probably be about an hour drive from Watkins Glen.

Here's a link

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g47285-d678382-Reviews-Microtel_Inn_Suites_Bath-Bath_Finger_Lakes_New_York.html

BTW there is a great little pub in Hammondsport with a huge wine list and awesome food. I'll be out there in two weeks I'll get the name of it then.

Cheers,

Dave