Note to New Members ×

bent rab pins... can't fit the bts!

kipstar

I have removed the rab from my indys to fit the bts and have discovered both top longer pins are substantially bent to the point u cannot insert into the longer solid tube bts housing.

I need to replace the pins with a similar solid rod.

My question:

- is it stainless 304?

- can anyone confirm diameter?

- any advice on avoiding the same problem again?

I am not so keen to use a threaded screw of smaller diameter plus the thread. 7

You should not to use a threaded screw of bigger diameter plus the thread.I paste the pins on the silicon glue.Previously, you have to gently flatten with a hammer and buy stocks for the future.

Dont worry-most important not to have fallen out of the shoe shell!

Kipstar,

These guys are correct, the BTS removes the bending moment on those pins. The stock locking system sits in the middle of the pin and can push it upward and bend it.

We have the pins for sale in the Store if you need replacements. They are 5mm in diameter and there is a short and a long one for each boot.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Being in thailand it ends up costing a lot more with shipping duty etc. And duty is calculated on the shipping as well.

Anyhow I am happy to buy a new set but would be easier to use local stainless (which we use a lot of in the boat yard I own).

I do agree that the bts is less likely to bend the pins as the fit is right across the void; the raichle method is a bit rangi to say the least!

i will place the bomber order and lets see what happens for shipping :-)