Note to New Members ×

Who has/rides VIRUS ?

kamran

Thanks Ray,

I already emailed Frank. This low $ rate against Euro is surely not helping. *sigh*:(

Tigger,

thanks for your input. You are in germany and you said you visited their factory. Do they make these boards in advance and have them in stock OR just accept orders and then deliver you weeks/months later?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kamran,

The currency conversion really sucks right now. Hit me also pretty bad.

I visited the Virus facility as well. NICE ;)

They have several boards already made, but am not sure if these are customer orders.

I would have him make a board "for you" anyway, much better :D

If you order, it takes about 4 weeks. That's it.

Ray

Thanks Ray,

I am wrestling with the idea of getting a custom made board by them. But it's just to big of a price for a board I haven't been able to demo. I know once I demo something and I really like it, I just swallow the price tag but in this case I guess chance of getting a demo in my area is pretttttttttttttttty remote.

Oh well,...lack of demo opportunity is why I started this threat and I think other riders input can help me a looooooooong way.

My feeling is that if you get one of these 17cm boards custom build for your specs, you get something really special.

The board "might" be more than you expect, maybe to agressive at first (now I sound like all the other people who talked to me...)

BUT, once you have it down! You will be a happy camper.

How many years are you riding plates?

How many days per season?

Agressive, or more the cruiser?

Steep angles, or more in the 50* range?

I did the same thing, just ordered without ever riding a Virus before...

Ray

Ray,

been riding on plates for 2 years seriously (before that a few years of plates, but only a few days each year),....angles 60 and 63, and I wouldn't characterize myself as an agressive rider.

I think I am getting infected too. I contacted Frank and placed an order.

Any1 has any suggestions for the top sheet color?

Originally posted by kamran

Ray,

been riding on plates for 2 years seriously (before that a few years of plates, but only a few days each year),....angles 60 and 63, and I wouldn't characterize myself as an agressive rider.

I think I am getting infected too. I contacted Frank and placed an order.

Any1 has any suggestions for the top sheet color?

kamran, what did you order?

Hi Hagen,

It was a pleasure riding with you and enjoyed watching your deep toeside carves. As I told you I have been looking into virus for the longest time. The posts on this thread and others kindda convinced me to commit without demoing. Additional reassuring factor is the girfriend paying for the half of it for my upcoming birthday ;)

They cost (depending on the model) between 900 and 1200 Euros plus shipping from germany as advertised on their website. You do the math.

It's pretty expensive, but you only live once:cool:

true,..I never demoed a Donek either,..though prior is going to have a demo day at Kirkwood in january,which I won't miss. The thing that gets me so interested in a virus is the compound radii. They say it works, and I'm yet to hear a clear explanation on how it exactly works.

L8ter

Ladia,

Wow,..I remember we discussed this on the chair at kirkwood and we both decided we wouldn't buy it without a demo. Looks like I am not the only one willing to break my word ;) .

Looking forward seeing you in Kirkwood with your Virus. I just would not bring up that kind of board on a busy weekend day.

• 3 weeks later...

Ladia,

welcome back.

Happy to hear you could shop around in europe and find a more affordable Virus. Rocket has had a lot of good reviews. I ordered a longer board ( Tantalus ), also from freecarving series and mine won't be here this weekend. But that doesn't matter, looks like there's going to be a storm in tahoe area this saturday. Are you still going up inspite of the storm chance?:confused:

I got mine just yesterday. It looks great and I can't wait to ride it. I got myself a donek axis too, so this weekend I'll be treating myself fully.

Here is a pic from their site, mine looks exactly like this, I may post a close up of it later.

Ray, you already got three of us infected!

18hfe9

P.S. I already asked a few time on this site whether someone could explain how compound radii works, but unfortunately no great mind around is able or willing to do that so far.

Yep, should be fun on Friday. But it looks like everyone is bringing someone that they need to get a pass for. So I might end up getting the $50 deal at REI - not quite as cheap, but still cheaper than the regular ticket...

Enjoy that Virus!

kreeves,

Most of these boards start around 900 euros. I have seen some people scoring new boards on german ebay for around 650 euros as well. Bomber has a link to the Virus homepage, there you can find their contact info along with a list and description of their products. Email them and they will answer your needs.

Ray,

I am writing back and forth with bomber to get a pair of TD2s with either extra TD1 or second board kit for TD2. As soon as everything is in, I will post a picture of the board and bindings, ride the board for a full day and post a report here.

Chris and Ladia,

what happened to your reports and findings? I know you guys have been trying your new Viruses. We would like to hear about Lightning and Tantalus experience of yours. Please let us know what kind of bindings you are using with your board as well.