Note to New Members ×

"Carved"

Big D

but u gotta be able to outperform antonin lieuthagui from Hard Attack if you want to create something bigger ;)

( the triple backloop in hardboots beeing one of the hard things to beat ;)

N

I took a little offense at the thought that nobody pushes the sport.It doesn't have to mean stupidly big air to be progressive as a freecarver.I like to think I get a little better every time I ride and the ease of video makes it fun to chronicle that.That said, I did do some fun rail sliding today on the longboard.I always do my best stuff the last couple of weeks of each season and then have to regrow the cajones the next season when it comes to tricks.That's the geriatric part of getting old yet trying to expand my skills.

I'll admit that most of us would get schooled by the first pro level freestyler under 30 who converts to freecarving/hardbooting,but I'm having too much fun to care.:)

This quote motivated me to pop 3's off a lip into my favorite bump field today on my 210.Progressive is a relative term.Define please.How about airborn edge changes at 40mph,or air to switch toeside carves or carving up a tree?There are plenty of 'progressive carvers' out there and the video is coming.Can't wait to show the bomber community what I've been up to!

all the above is good! i love to see hard charging on variable / interesting terrain & exploring how the hardware enables different / exciting ways to engage said terrain. whereas alpine has been more traditionally oriented towards ripping relatively featureless groom, i like the idea of a mashup w/ freestyle/ride which is a more feature manipulation & air oriented. the newschool skiers seem to have it down: laid our carves, whackity whack transfers / transitions & huge amplitude... if you guys out there are doing this, get thyselves on video & spread the stoke!