Note to New Members ×

Red/Wht SIMS Burner model year?

Big D

I recently have been putting down some notes on the few old boards I have in the garage. I picked up a SIMS Burner a few months ago and was hoping someone might know what year they made the 188 with the triangular graphic in dark red and white.

Here's somethiing else I found, says that red and white is from 2000. Not sure if it's credible or not.

http://www.outdoorreview.com/cat/snowboard-equipment/snowboards/slalom-downhill/sims/PRD_85526_3142crx.aspx

Don't know if it really matters, as all years had the same specs. The most important feature is that the inserts are centered on the board - there were a lot that were offset one way or the other by quite a bit.

Thanks Chris, yes that is one of the few returns I found as well over the net. I was not however aware of the offset inserts. Interesting info. I have only been on the thing twice and it was a blast but as many have said, you got to put it away when the hill gets crowded.

D

Thank you, no rush but if you get a chance please let me know what you find out. Pretty cool that you have the brochure. I have some old buyer guides and catalogs from Burton and have thought of posting the pics out of them. Thanks for the help.

D

OK Big D,according to the catalog that I have the red & white 188 was the 98-99 season release. There's also a purple 188 in the same design that came from the 99-00 season.Those are the two catalogs that I have.I also owned a 188, that was not a symmetrical design ,it had green going down one side on a white backgroand I'm sure that was the 00-01 season.I believe I'm on that board for my avatar photo which was shot by Chis Webster a couple of years ago.

Enjoy your new board,I sure enjoyed riding them

Norman