Note to New Members ×

Domaine du cerf

Like carving

Bonjour tout le monde, je veux pas etre vieux jeux mais es-ce que quelqu'un a vu au pied des pentes du massif de la riviere st-francois les terrain a vendre pour construire des chalets? Es-ce proche des pentes? je planifie ma retraite en voulant avoir un chalet au pied des pentes et carver le matin, es-ce que qu'elqu'un a vue les terrains du domaine du cerf? je voulais planifier une visite mais jaimerais savoir si ca vaut la peine avant de ceduler le voyage?

merci pour l'info.

I just returned from Massif yesterday. Unfortunately, I did not read your message before departing, however, having been there a few times over the past decade, here is what I can tell you generally. The resort is now owned by Mr Laliberté (of Cirque de Soleil fame) who is planning a $230 million investment in the area. The first upgrade has already happened -a $50M (gorgeous!) gondola was installed this season (2010/11). Remaining "to do" items include creating a "farm" for summer tourists and upgrading the train service from Quebec City to get those tourists from the "big city" to the doorstep of Le Massif.

The no-so-good news is that currently there are no ski-in/ski-out chalets at this resort, however, I believe this is also in the future plan. You should ask when this will happen and when the chalets will go on sale to the public when you arrive at Le Massif.

On the flip side, there is a quaint village at the base of the mountain, St-François-de-la-petite-riviere (if I have it right), and I do remember seeing some "For Sale" signs there. None would be walking distance, but all are short drives to the lifts. I suspect this would be the most economical way to go.

And, yes, I had four days of marvellous riding! There is still LOTS of snow in the Charlevois area. We experienced mid-winter snow conditions everyday with plenty of sunshine and mild just-below-zero temperatures.

Bonne chance! :)

-Brian