Note to New Members ×

Boards, bindings, and boots F/S

newcarver

Boris, I think you will love the Cult. It is a very versitile, fun board. Works pretty well in powder too. It likes to charge hard and will carve descent, but is best suited to off piste work. A great hardboot specific free ride board.

Not sure of the MLY specs. It looks to have around a 10-11M sidecut, Probably around 140-145 cm effective edge, and the width is right around 22cm. Wide range of stance width adjustability. That should cover about anybody. If anyone else knows, please chime in.

3800's I have a 163 (my 3rd one) and just got a 169. I have only riden the 3800 once with plates. Board has a pretty stiff tail and a softer big nose. Floats amazingly well in powder. Carves real well in softer snow. Very stable at speed. Board likes to be riden on the backseat. I generally use mine with softies on off piste steeps and not so deep powder days. For the deep days I'll use my Dupraz D1. It is a bit too wide for me to use the 3800 with hardboots. I have to run low angles to get the boots on the edge and the board feels big underfoot. The MLY is definitly more of a carving board in shape and stiffness. Still has a rounded upturned tail that makes it more versatile. It's like a slightly shorter, stiffer version of my Coiler AMT 172.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up note - Everything showed up on time, packaged well and was as advertised.

I put about 10 runs on the MLY on Bigmountain's final day. It was quite a bit of fun although I had a hard time getting my heel side edge carves down. I'll blame it on me being really out of shape! Hopefully next year will be better...

Thanks again for everything!