Note to New Members ×

Coiler AMT W 172

Got a new to me AM 172 in the wide version (21.5cm). Full titanal topsheet. Just happened to be built for my weight. Man is this board fun :1luvu:. It has a 12m sidecut. I think it was built in 09. Very manuverable. I've only had it out 2 days. Yesterday was the 1st day that I got to really ride it. Light was totally flat so I was not really charging that hard yet. Found that it had great edge hold on the firm hardpack cord. Was able to make big sweeping arcs or real tight ones on command. Very stable. Really wants to charge down the fall line but you could swing it across or uphill very easily. 1st time I've ever had my armpits drag the ground!

As far as the AM part of it, felt like a much shorter board than it is. I was able to run through some blue tree runs with ease. Also was able to do 360 spins and slash turns up on the banks as if it was a 160 freeride board. I ran over an area that was full of the 1'+ deep wooped de doos and just skimmed over the tops of them. Really is the most versatile board I've ever riden. This thing totally rocks:biggthump

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm the same height as you, but weigh around 175 lbs with gear. Board was built for an agressive 160 lb rider. About perfect for me. I am able to ride this board on about anything except moguls. A little long for me to manuver through them, but could just point it straight and go over them when I have an open area.

I'm the same height as you, but weigh around 175 lbs with gear. Board was built for an agressive 160 lb rider. About perfect for me. I am able to ride this board on about anything except moguls. A little long for me to manuver through them, but could just point it straight and go over them when I have an open area.

Cool. Thanks for the info!