Note to New Members ×

Summit on 2/27

AaronG

Finally..another person dumb enough to be entertained by racing! ;)

Thanks for all the pointers today. They really helped out, especially once the snow got all chopped up. I was able to bust and cut through all of it. Normally, I'd have a pretty tough time with that kind of chop. Both toe and heel sides felt better today. Took off at 1:30pm, to beat the traffic down. Damn, that was a bad drive.

How'd the races go?

Popped out of my binding on the last gate of the last race..Ghetto SWs need some refining.. :p

I was the only one in my age group so I won all four races, but my times were decent either way. Terrible racing snow. I got bucked in the GS and landed flat on my back with a heelside EC recovery. Cost me all of 3 seconds.

I saw you on your last run, your toesides were cranked about evenly with your heelsides if not better, that was cool to see.

Popped out of my binding on the last gate of the last race..Ghetto SWs need some refining.. :p

I was the only one in my age group so I won all four races, but my times were decent either way. Terrible racing snow. I got bucked in the GS and landed flat on my back with a heelside EC recovery. Cost me all of 3 seconds.

I saw you on your last run, your toesides were cranked about evenly with your heelsides if not better, that was cool to see.

Yeah, the snow was too soft for racing/carving after the first 2 hours of the day. I imagine the course got pretty deep and moguled up. Still, it was good practice.

Yeah, my last run (if you're talking about around 1pm, since I thought I heard someone call my name), my leg (front left) was toast. It was on fire and twitching. The snow was tough on the legs, and the pointers you gave me got me deeper in the carves and more stable at speed - thus, more Gs and even tougher on the legs.

As for everyone else up there, where'd you all go? Mike, Celine, Mary, Jenny? I took two runs with Theo on Miracle, and after that headed over to chair 7 and 10 (mainly 7).

As for everyone else up there, where'd you all go? Mike, Celine, Mary, Jenny? I took two runs with Theo on Miracle, and after that headed over to chair 7 and 10 (mainly 7).

I rode down to sign up for the races, but missed it by 5 minutes :mad:

Oh, well...next time. I pretended to race next to the course on the BX board, got my jollies that way. Maybe there's another race up here before the end of the season.

We ended up riding miracle a couple of times looking for our neighbor, then headed over to the far west side for some POW riding...where Celine did a somersault and hurt her knee. That cut the day short. I would have let you know, but didn't have your # (maybe PM me with it).

See you this weekend?