Note to New Members ×

Madd and PTC

Guest skidoc

Hi all,

I've been informed that there's some skepticism about the first

shipment of snowboards regarding quality.

First let me say that any production hand-made board is going to have some variation from deck to deck. There's still agreat deal of arts and crafts that goes into the actual putting together of the board.

Therefore, "perfection" is unattainable in this type of process and just about any other that I can think of as well.

It is my understanding that Madd Snowboards exist today because of their unique qualities regarding performance and versatility. I have no reason to believe, nor have I communicated anything to the contrary.

I happen to be extremely "picky" about producing as flawless a base finish as possible. The boards were pulled out of finish production early, specifically for PTC. However, since this is a totally new routine and the beginning of something special for Madd boards in general, establishing clear lines of communication take time.

The boards simply had a rougher finish than I would have preffered, as it creates a significant amount of work to relieve the boards of rough base material, and bring to finish.

Now we won't do that again. I'm sure that anyone who has purchased my finsh and is patient enough to wait for it, will be nothing short of totally thrilled with your riding experience.

For next season, Mike Banker is trying to get the boards produced earlier so I may finish them earlier. Having a great deal of experience dealing with the factories as Product Manager for Volkl Skis, gives me a great deal of insight regarding what Mike has to deal with in trying to procur these boards to distribute in the US.

Trust me when I say it ain't no party. Guess what? The needs for the US market are no more important than any other out there waiting in line for their Madd boards. A situatioin like this can be very frustrating for a person with Madd dogs nipping at their toes for feeding time.

The boards are fine, Mike and Shaggy and myself are all working together to minimize any quality issues by sending any decks that don't meet our standards back to Italy for replacement.

One cannot expect any more at this point from any of us as we are all working"extra" hard to get these boards out.

From my end it is very difficult at this time to close my shop in the middle of the season just to finish all Madd boards when they arrive. They are integrated into the needs of my customer base who pay all the money for my service, and are therefore very important to my business. I ask you all to be patient, as I am committed to doing the best job possible as soon as possible.

Sorry for the ramble, but that's how it really all shakes out at this time.

Thanks, Mike

Stopped in to Summit in Danvers last night to get a look at the Madds and DOH! they're all in Framingham.Duh...makes sense tho. Can you imagine buffing that many boards a la race tune and still have a million rusty skiis to tune as well? Mike does top notch work, I hear, and well worth the wait. BTW, the tuning clinic in Danvers 12/9 is slated to be a capacity crowd. Get there early and bring some cold refreshments for the crew.