Note to New Members ×

Bomber TD3 Step-in bindings with Fintec heels and UPZ RC10 boots

I purchased Bomber TD3 Step-in bindings with Fintec heels from YYZCanuck.com for use with my 09/10 UPZ RC10 MP26.0 boots. Andrea was extremely helpful and it was great to have someone in Canada to speak to, their customer service is fantastic and I hope to purchase more items from her again.

**Please note that Bomber Industries, Fin, or YYZKCanuck DO NOT support the use of UPZ boots with TD3 Step-in bindings or Fintec heels due to the lack of t-nuts on the heel and removable toe piece of the UPZ boot. Should I have an issue regarding warranty it may not be covered and any possible injury due to using this combination will be all my fault** :D

Now back to business...The heels fit as designed and as the boots already had t-nuts installed from my last step-in bindings there were no issues there. I used the black bolts provided with the heels for installation. The bindings took a bit more time due o the short heel of the boot. Nothing that is a real concern to me as I will be keeping these bindings on a single board for the time being.

I would like to pickup a Prior ATV (or comparable board) later this year with a pair of Deeluxe Track 325 boots for more of an all-mountain flexible setup. The bindings will work just as designed if I go with this setup and the boots fit my feet.

Nice box

1182125247_3JHEm-M.jpg

Open the box

1182125847_uCB7S-M.jpg

Fintec heel instructions

1182126457_WVeK3-M.jpg

TD3 instructions

1182132333_iAE9D-M.jpg

1182131526_FQy5Q-M.jpg

Fintec heels

1182127127_XM5jn-M.jpg

3 degree cant disks and yellow e-rings

1182127716_4zxK9-M.jpg

More stuff

1182129093_2xvL6-M.jpg

T-Nuts

1182135858_MCJWQ-M.jpg

Heels installed

1182138182_tkXNM-M.jpg

Complete boot with release cable through upper body slot of boot

1182138750_4auDD-M.jpg

It took a bit to get the boots centered on the board within the bindings. I set the angles to 45/40 and will adjust the lift/cant later. The angles will give me just about 3/8" of overhang on both sides of each boot. This is where that ATV would come in...

1182143055_LWqzS-M.jpg

1182143975_p2n2J-M.jpg

1182145106_RApkH-M.jpg

1182144478_Z7mQu-L.jpg

The Prior 4WD 179 fits into this F2 bag that Andrea also sold me. This will keep me from cleaning the board of road grime after I get home.

1182145811_zpkYw-M.jpg

I obviously haven't ridden the setup, but I am expecting nothing but awesome results. If the UPZ toes rip off the heels will keep me in place until I stop.:eek:

I got them all dialed in last night on the carpet and there seems to be no issues with flex at all, feels similar to the SnowPro to my untrained eye/feet. The UPZ boots has a BTS style spring mech. on them and when locked in to 'race-mode', I can flex them right over.

I also had the plates turned the wrong way to allow the degree numbers to be viewed with the dial, but due to the short sole it really doesn't make much difference as the entire binding has to come apart to make changes any way.

I messed with the canting quite a bit until I had no knee pain while standing in a neutral riding position.

For the numbers folks:

Front

45 degree - plate

3.00 lift - e-ring set at 90 degrees to the centerline of the board

0.00 cant - e-ring set at 90 degrees to the centerline of the board

<1 cm overhang on the toe edge, slightly more on heel but it is 3" higher on the boot

Rear

40 degree - plate

2.30 lift - e-ring set at 80 degrees to the centerline of the board

1.93 cant - e-ring set at 90 degrees to the centerline of the board

<1 cm overhang on the toe edge, slightly more on heel but it is 3" higher on the boot

• 1 month later...
**Please note that Bomber Industries, Fin, or YYZKCanuck DO NOT support the use of UPZ boots with TD3 Step-in bindings or Fintec heels due to the lack of t-nuts on the heel and removable toe piece of the UPZ boot. Should I have an issue regarding warranty it may not be covered and any possible injury due to using this combination will be all my fault** :D

[..]

I obviously haven't ridden the setup, but I am expecting nothing but awesome results. If the UPZ toes rip off the heels will keep me in place until I stop.:eek:

I switched to UPZ boots this season as well. They fit much better than my old boots. I am basically riding the same setup as you are with fintecs and TD3s. I T-nutted the heels, but the toe pieces still use the stock screws driven into the plastic boot shell. I think the design is such that the screws only keep the toe pieces from sliding fore/aft, and do not support a load. But I have not removed them to verify. Has anyone removed the toe pieces? In any case, the load on the toe piece itself should not be any different with a step-in binding than a standard binding. So I am curious about your disclaimer. Is it necessary to T-nut the toe pieces too?

BTW, nice writeup. Thanks for the great description and pictures.