Note to New Members ×

flat board

mike g.

When they snap or delaminate so badly you can't repair them. Every board serves a purpose until they get unsafe to ride.

I have a board that has like a tenth inch of camber that is a million times more lively than a board with a half inch. The amount of camber is arbitrary. The only thing that your camber measurements tell me is that one board has been used more than another (assuming they are close in serial number and otherwise the exact same)

I agree.

I know that a board's back has been "broken" when it no longer gives the feedback and support that I have come to expect from it.

This of course assumes that as many of the other variables have been accounted for- weather, snow conditions, fitness level etc.

I have retired boards once they have started to fold over on runs that I know from years of experience they have been able to work well on... since I don't do a lot of hucking and aerial stuff, what usually kills my boards is pounding through moguls and trees, and tears and edge delaminations from being ground too much.

I'm wondering the same thing. Last ride I went out on I felt like I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I had changed my stance quite a bit (noth feet in a forward stance, whereas before a more duck footed stance), but it felt so sloppy and like crap really. I noticed that I was putting alot of weight on my front foot and had to really concentrate to put weight on the back.

Stance? Board? Not sure.

How long should a board last?

This is a regular softboot board by the way.

I'm wondering the same thing. Last ride I went out on I felt like I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I had changed my stance quite a bit (noth feet in a forward stance, whereas before a more duck footed stance), but it felt so sloppy and like crap really. I noticed that I was putting alot of weight on my front foot and had to really concentrate to put weight on the back.

Stance? Board? Not sure.

That's stance.

Stance? Board? Not sure.

What are your angles now?