Note to New Members ×

need a critique

I need someone to critique my riding...If the snow is groomed and not ice (so hardpack is fine) I feel like I can dominate the blues (hands easily on snow, hip/knee dragging - been complimented a few times). Moving to blacks, or carving on boilerplate, I just wash out and chatter constantly. I'm still trying to perfect my cross unders and cross throughs.

I'm trying to do the same thing on the blacks as I do on the blues, but that is not working. I can make, if I'm lucky, two linked carves on raceway at blue (the single black near the summit lodge), but more than that I get timid with the speed, scared of death-chatter and I just lose it.

If anyone could meet me at blue or bear sometime and help, it would be much appreciated. Phil - I don't know if you do lessons at Bear anymore, but I could come out there and pay for a lesson if I knew I was getting you.

Bar meeting with me, anyone have any tips? Chubz...I think I saw you on challenge way earlier this year and it's just awesome to watch you - I don't know how you have to stomach to just dive down that slope:biggthump

NickG.... Did we meet at MacTracks this year?

I'm at Blue most weekends, both Saturday and Sunday mornings. Steeps are something I love and have spent a bit of time riding. If you can ever make it out on a weekend just post up. Chubz is another great source for tips.

Tip # 1. Everything happens much faster when the pitch gets steep, which means that when ride them your movements must happen even faster.

Have fun and don't be afraid to fall....

Jesse

Jesse, yes we did meet :) Hummm aren't sat/sun mornings really crowded? I imagine if you are on razor's edge/challenge it wouldn't be bad, but I obviously can't start on that.

I'm not afraid of falling at all - I fall constantly (hehe). I AM however, afraid of chatter. My shin right now is lightly bruised from some bad chop I took last friday.

Maybe this saturday morning, we'll see. I'm going wednesday morning to work on this