Note to New Members ×

More boots questions

DiveBomber

THese are now a fairly old generation boot; I remember seeing similar in 1992/93 season - so they will tend to be:

- very soft compared to the newer carving boots such as the heads and new Raichle Dee Lux indy which I am led to believe is stiffer

- fairly soft plastic construction compared to the more modern materials

- quite a lot of forward lean if I recall correctly

- I don't think they have a walk mode but could be wrong

I don't think this that good a boot, compared to what you can get now, but if cheap enough maybe it will do. Those extremecarving people probably like it, because they seem to recommend softish boots (which is also probably in part because they ride in what looks like very soft windpacked powder in their vids). BUt if cheap enough (ie. less than $50 USD) you might be happy. If it fits your foot well then it may be perfect!

If used, it is going to be quite old so may be broken by now.

The borton from the same era is the megaflex.

Kip

Hi,

those boots are not that bad, as the post before might suggest! I have a pair, although I don't use it anymore, as I found a pair of the NWs. My sister has got a pair of them too and she loves them.

Pros: Very good adjustment, rather stiff shell, but softer of course than the Indies and Le Mans'. There was also a later model mith the much better medal made buckles. Very short sole, as all the UPS stuff.

Cons: my 270 are the biggest size of the shell, what might be good for length reasons. But the shell/tongue is too short, so you tend to pull your heel out of the boot by pushing downward onto the shell with your shin. Also the liner of the old model shown on the pic is too soft. Both is improved but not perfect with the later models.

Sum: Better than most boots of that time. If you like it softer, even better than some of the new ones. A perfect boot would be different, but that's true to every boot you can buy.

Hope this helps

Tom