Note to New Members ×

Free days at Norquay! (almost)

bigdyno

Norquay is celebrating its 85th birthday and to celebrate, the first Thursday of January, February and March they will only be charging 85 cents for a lift ticket. You read that right. So take back those New Years Eve empties to pay for this one and hopefully we can have some hardbooters representing.

http://banffnorquay.com/whats-happening/whats-new/

It's outlined near the bottom of the page. If you happen to be a senior (I'm getting close, depending on who you listen to) you can buy a season pass for $85. Fake id anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

As it turns out, the only caveat is you must be an Alberta resident. Not sure why, but this may exclude some from the fun.

Thursday was a great day, great temps, good snow and no crowds. The runs are a little icy underneath and the traffic that was there pushed the fresh stuff off by around 2. There was also a fair amount of small rocks everywhere, but my board didn't catch any that were big enough to leave bite marks.

If you do go in February, I suggest being there just before 9 to get excellent parking and the freshest snow.