Note to New Members ×

Nitro scorpion66

1967stella

Hi everyone ive been snowboarding(freestyle) for about 6 years now and when i started my uncle gave me a carving board and i dont know anything about it. It has never touched snow because i just never wanted to mess it up while learning. Its a nitro scorpion 66 i believe and i dont know any thing about it is there anybody that could help me find the information such as any specs, msrp, and possibly the year i am trying to get rid hand it off to somebody who will appreciate it. I will try to post some pics of it tomorrow. Thanks in advance

post-10073-141842329563_thumb.jpg

post-10073-141842329566_thumb.jpg

post-10073-141842329569_thumb.jpg

i dont know anything about the board but it looks pretty nice and im looking for a new board and a set of bindings. but seeing as we dont know anything about it and it pretty old id pay however much you or some other forumers think is a good price. are you selling the board with the bindings?

That is actually my posting on ebay i ended the auction cause i had no bites at all thats y i found this site. I had talked to the owner of a shop called alpine ski and skate next to my house and he said ask for a min of 350 on ebay.

Strange things happen on ebay, but it is not worth anything close to $350.

I am fairly sure this Nitro is from the 1994-97 period, somewhere in there.

While a very nice riding board for that era, it is heavier and possibly not quite as nice to ride as a modern board.

Waist is about 200mm and it should ride like a shorter GS board.

I used to ride the 163 scorpion which i believe is almost the same shape from what I can guess is 1 year earlier or 2 years earlier than this one.

The bindings should be ok for someone of medium size, and the board would be about on par with a factory prime or rossignol of the same era.

Having bought an oxygen 178 since and ridden them back to back, I would have to say that while i loved riding the scorpion, the lower noses and lighter weights of subsequent boards means you can enjoy a bit more length with better edge hold.

I'd say since I paid about $200 USD for the oxygen brand new (a 2004 board I think), that the board with bindings should be priced something similar to the FPs and rossignols that you see from time to time from the 90s; maybe $80-150 for the board and about $50-75 for the bindings.

But I know naaaaahthing ('ullo 'ullo)

Based

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for keepin posting in the sale section but dont know how to move to general board.. Since i have had no luckselling this board i might as well learn to ride it.. What kind of boots do i need to work with these bindings and do i need bigger ones i wear a size 13 boot. Any help would be appreciated. Also i live in northern va where is the best resort for carving and learning to carve, i just went to whitetail last weekend and it was ALL ice it was hard even for freestyle boarding.

Thx

I owned and rode that same board back when it was available in the 90's. I believe some time in 95 or 96. I rode it so much I wore it out. I had a lot of fun with that board. You will have to get a pair of hardshell boots to use with that board. Also you will need to know what mondo point size is right for you as hard boots are sized in mondo sizes not shoe sizes like soft boots. Those bindings might work? Maybe you could find some alpine snowboarders in your area that could help you get started? Post in the forum to try to find someone that might be able to help? Also post on the ride board for the resorts in your area. Maybe you could meet up with someone who has gear you could try out and or buy? There is a demo center at Berskhire east. I don't know if you could go there or not to try gear? Good luck and let us know any more questions that you might have.