Note to New Members ×

Training session

pan

There will be a training session conducted by NSST (Northshore Snowboard Team) next Tuesday at Grouse Mountain. If you are looking for improvement on freeriding or carving, you are welcome to register and join one of training session. Training session will be on every Tuesday and Friday evening starts at 7pm. Softies or hardbooters are welcome. If you have any question, you are welcome to contact me or send an e-mail to info@nsst.com

Cheers

There will be a training session conducted by NSST (Northshore Snowboard Team) next Tuesday at Grouse Mountain. If you are looking for improvement on freeriding or carving, you are welcome to register and join one of training session. Training session will be on every Tuesday and Friday evening starts at 7pm. Softies or hardbooters are welcome. If you have any question, you are welcome to contact me or send an e-mail to info@nsst.com

Cheers

hi PAN

were you there sunday night? i saw a hardbooter in a green jacket, black pants, f2 step in bindings, blonde hair, moustache, black square tail snowboard (couldn't see the brand because too much snow was sticking to the topsheet) and not wearing a helmet. was that you?

i was the guy with all the duct tape on my gloves. if that wasn't enough to identify me i was on a burton alp board, burton raceplate bindings and most likely burton fire or furnace boots as i was comparing both boots that day.

i won't be going to grouse again until after xmas but will definitely check out one of your sessions. will this be like the TNT (TUESDAY NIGHT TRAINING) gate bashing sessions up at mount seymour back in the late 1990's. i think it was 2 hours of gate bashing for a nominal training fee of about 20 bucks that included one free apres beer.

if you see an old guy with lots of duct tape (100% of the time) riding burton boards and bindings (99%) of the time just come up and say hello.

later

doug

Hi Doug,

I was riding mostly at Whistler last week. The NSST training sessions are every Tuesday and Friday night at Grouse. Tuesday session starts on Dec 28 and Friday starts on Jan 07. Participant can show up on soft/hard boots. If there are enough interested, I can setup brush gates for training. I will be on red/black pants with purple/black jacket, white helmet, white/red goggles on white Endeavor freeride board or black Volki raceboard. I also give training sessions for snow school on Monday and Wed evening. If you see me, you are welcome to pass by and say hi.

Cheers

Pan

• 2 weeks later...

hi PAN

sorry for the delayed response but have been busy during the holidays and have only been to grouse once since december 20th.

however, i will make it a point of being there either next tuesday or friday to at least check out a session. i assume this can be drop in and that you don't have to commit for an extended period. i'm an old guy so i probably won't fit in well if the others are all young people lol. what is the drop in training fee as i am sure others will be interested in this information as well?

last year, there was a Grouse passholder named GORDON STEAD who asked RUWI and i if we knew any hardboot instructors on Grouse. at that time we didn't (except for BLUEB at cypress) but since you are now here should i pass along your email address?

btw RUWI is an instructor at Grouse but was away on a month long vacation in southeast asia--he should be back next week.

Hi Doug,

The training fee is $593.25 tax included for 14 sessions. Drop-in fee is $45. You need to have your BCSA membership in order to attend this sessions. You can pay it online (http://www.canadasnowboard.ca/en/ms/membership/) and bring the online payment receipt before your first session. Please contact me ahead of time if you are coming up. For more information, you can contact me through info@nsst.com. You can pass along my contact to your friends.

P,S,: only tonight, training starts at 5pm.

Cheers,

Pan

hi PAN

i don’t want to join the CSF and end up on their mailing list—and a few other reasons that i don’t wish to discuss publicly but will discuss privately with you if you want.

therefore i will show up next tuesday, january 11th with the $45 dollar training fee to just audit the session but not officially join it. i will only be staying about 20 or 30 minutes and will stay out of the way of the kids actually trying to learn something. basically i was just curious as to what your program entailed.

hopefully you can waive the CSF membership requirement for this one time only since i have no intention of entering any snowboard competitions. alternatively i can book a 1 hour private lesson with you through the ski school if the CSF prerequisites can’t be waived. the only problem with the ski school option is that you personally only see a samll portion of the 100 dollar per hour fee that the ski school would bill me. correct?

sorry if i may be wasting your time but i thought it was like the mt. seymour TNT gate bashing training sessions that i attended for about 3 or 4 consecutive years (1997-2000) on a drop in basis without joining the CSF. i noticed mt. seymour links on your website so if you need a reference ANDY BONIFACE who was the snowboard director at seymour for 16 years from 1991-2007 should remember me and i believe he is still tight with the mount seymour crew. in addition to the TNT gate bashing sessions i had also booked some private lessons with ANDY and his ski school staff for some carving “tuneup” lessons to shake some bad habits i had developed. although ANDY is always on softboots he is an excellent hardbooter.

unfortunately, i have been persona non grata at seymour since the 2000 season when i got into an altercation with a hardboot hating ski patroller. the seymour owner (EDDY WOOD) apologized to me but the ski patroller refused. consequently i have never set foot there again. so if you are actually doing the gates portion at seymour instead of grouse then i am out of luck-- i have the memory of an elephant and i never forget lol.

hopefully i can audit the grouse training session for the 45 dollar training fee otherwise i would have to book the 1 hour private lesson concurrently to avoid getting you into trouble with the CSF. i believe your wednesday and friday sessions with the snow school are not closed runs with gates but just ordinary ski lessons out in the crowded slopes--correct?

i’ll email you my cellphone number. please do NOT put me on any mailing lists.

thanks

Hi Doug,

I come from East coast, so I don't know any things about Seymour. If you going to attend one of these NSST sessions, you need BCSA membership in order to get cover. This NSST training is not relate to snow school session.

A++

D

Hi Doug,

I come from East coast, so I don't know any things about Seymour. If you going to attend one of these NSST sessions, you need BCSA membership in order to get cover. This NSST training is not relate to snow school session.

A++

D

hi PAN

thanks for the reply. guess that counts me out. i was under the impression it was just beer league racing for old guys (i'm in my mid fifties.)

good luck with your program.

Hi Doug,

I don't know why you don't want to get the membership from BCSA. It's just get you covered during the training session. This year, I'm helping Chris to build a GS program for NSST. This is our first season building a GS program, so we are always looking for anyone who is interested in speed. For the Seymour program, I guess NSST only has their freestyle training there. The gates training there was setup by someone else.

Contact me if you have other question about the NSST training program.

Best regards,

Pan