Note to New Members ×

More Newbie Setup Questions

Guest dudleydudley

Guest dudleydudley

I've been reading through the tutorials and archives and I have a question that didn't really seem to be answered:

I've set up my board and on the carpet in my living room when I am strapped in, It feels like 75-80% of my weight is on my front leg. I get quad burn just standing there after a couple of minutes. I'm a pretty competitive cyclist and I lift weights on a regular basis (I am in the Army so PT is important to me). Is this the way my weight is supposed to be distributed? I've read a couple of posts that suggest that you want to have more weight on the front leg than the rear. Is this right?

Moreover, I think what is exacerbating the problem is that I am pretty bow-legged (I'm also an Armored Cav guy so it worked out well). I have a 0* cant disk in front and a 3* cant disk in back. I was reading a thread about dealing with bow-leggedness and it suggests flipping the cant disk so that my outside edge on the back foot is lower than my inside edge. Would that help with the weight distribution problem I stated earlier?

Need more information.

Height

Weight

Boot model

Binding model

Stance Width

Stance Angle

Just by winging it...it seems that possibly your front boot has too much forward lean. Front boot should be in a neutral position...back foot has a lil forward lean.

Guest dudleydudley

My bad...

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 135-140 lbs.

Board: Donek Axis 167

Binding: TD2 Step-In

Boots: Deeluxe Suzuka

I think off the top of my head, the binding angles are a hair short of 50* for both. Don't know the measurements of the board off of the top of my head.

Originally posted by dudleydudley

My bad...

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 135-140 lbs.

Board: Donek Axis 167

Binding: TD2 Step-In

Boots: Deeluxe Suzuka

I think off the top of my head, the binding angles are a hair short of 50* for both. Don't know the measurements of the board off of the top of my head.

Width? This one is going to be most important for your problem....

Guest dudleydudley

So far, I've switched out the cant disks like Jack suggested and I've widened my stance by one set of holes, and it's made a vast improvement. I just worked out so I will revisit when my legs have recovered. Any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!