Note to New Members ×

F2 Race Titanium Damping set

shintowin

All I can say I've broken a board with them and other people have had similar experiences. Intec bindings are always a bit stiffer, the F2 Intec can get a lot of pressure on one point. I still use Intecs though, but not on more delicate and/or wider boards, I use the regular Titanium bails on those.

I'm not saying the F2 Race Intecs are bad bindings, but the small dampening rubbers won't do much compared to TD3 elastomers. Also all intec bindings are stiffer than their bail counterparts, you're locked in at three points instead of two. Boards are getting softer and more fragile nowadays, so stiffer bindings can cause problems.

I've got about 100 days on my F2 Intec Titanflex and not a single problem.

That's an entirely different binding, it probably has even more flex than regular Titanium bail bindings.

I'm not saying the F2 Race Intecs are bad bindings, but the small dampening rubbers won't do much compared to TD3 elastomers. Also all intec bindings are stiffer than their bail counterparts, you're locked in at three points instead of two. Boards are getting softer and more fragile nowadays, so stiffer bindings can cause problems.

100% agreed. Top bindings for the racing(F2 race intec), but harsh on the board.

That's an entirely different binding, it probably has even more flex than regular Titanium bail bindings.

I realize you are talking specifically about the intec version of the F2s, but could you please offer more evidence about them damaging boards?

I do agree that these pads are not doing much more than protecting the topsheet from the toe and heel bail mounting T nuts. They are necessary to have under the binding though and are pretty easy to lose if you are careless.

The F2 binding itself is more damp than any of the TDs I have ever tried, including the SW. Except for the F2 Intec Race Titanium may be stiffer than the SW in most directions of motion (it has been a few years since I have ridden them).

100% agreed. Top bindings for the racing(F2 race intec), but harsh on the board.

No, intec bindings are hardly used by anyone for racing. They are way too stiff.

Standard bail F2 Race Titaniums are the top bindings for racing. They are not harsh on a board from anything I have personally experienced, seen, read, or heard.

If you have other evidence, please post it.

I realize you are talking specifically about the intec version of the F2s, but could you please offer more evidence about them damaging boards?

I do remember a forum thread that got totally out of hand on http://www.frozen-backside.de about a broken Virus board involving F2 race intec bindings. I'm afraid it got deleted at some point. Maybe somebody frequenting FB still remembers?

I have one and a half sets (six total) of the F2 Race Titanium rubber shims that go under the plates for damping. These are $25 a set so if you need a couple do the math and make me and offer.

Thanks!

Still interested.

You still got these or anyone know where to buy them. I haven't had any luck.