Note to New Members ×

Alpine carving form on a longboard

So I've become obsessed with longboarding, but I will save that for another thread.

My question: how successful have you longboarders been with mimicking true on-snow carving form? I have a really decent hill, nice and smooth, steep enough that I can force stand-up slides if I want (which is terrifying...)

I feel like I can sort of get into the correct form - pencil pinching, pushing hips forward, keeping weight 50/50 in turns, etc. I don't know, I feel like I can only go so far without being strapped in.

What do you guys think? Should I post a video?

I'm using a loaded dervish with 180mm paris trucks and ...i forget the size but o-tangs in heat wheels (maybe they are all the same size)

Nice moves! your pumping skills almost got me to put some wheels on my short board haha. Around 2:15 or so when you climb that hill - that's impressive.

So after watching your video I realize that I kind of have no idea what I'm doing in terms of upper body. I can make really hard carves, but I feel more like a steezy softbooter, and less like I'm getting railed through a turn on an alpine board. I will make a little compilation video over the next few days and try to get it up on youtube. :cool: