Note to New Members ×

Lookout

kinpa

I'd love to hit Lookout sunday but the empty wallet will keep me from enjoying the balmy weather.

<table width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top" align="center"><td width="11%">Tonight

nsn80.jpg

Snow

Lo 20 °F</td><td width="11%">Friday

sn80.jpg

Snow

Hi 27 °F</td><td width="11%">Friday

Night

nsn50.jpg

Chance

Snow

Lo 16 °F</td><td width="11%">Saturday

sn70.jpg

Snow

Likely

Hi 18 °F</td><td width="11%">Saturday

Night

nsn50.jpg

Chance

Snow

Lo 7 °F</td><td width="11%">Sunday

sn20.jpg

Slight Chc

Snow

Hi 9 °F</td><td width="11%">Sunday

Night

nsn60.jpg

Snow

Likely

Lo 5 °F</td><td width="11%">Monday

sn70.jpg

Snow

Likely

Hi 5 °F</td><td width="11%">Monday

Night

nsn50.jpg

Chance

Snow

Lo -3 °F</td></tr></tbody></table>

I'd love to hit Lookout sunday but the empty wallet will keep me from enjoying the balmy weather.

<table width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top" align="center"><td width="11%">Tonight

nsn80.jpg

Snow

Lo 20 °F</td><td width="11%">Friday

sn80.jpg

Snow

Hi 27 °F</td><td width="11%">Friday

Night

nsn50.jpg

Chance

Snow

Lo 16 °F</td><td width="11%">Saturday

sn70.jpg

Snow

Likely

Hi 18 °F</td><td width="11%">Saturday

Night

nsn50.jpg

Chance

Snow

Lo 7 °F</td><td width="11%">Sunday

sn20.jpg

Slight Chc

Snow

Hi 9 °F</td><td width="11%">Sunday

Night

nsn60.jpg

Snow

Likely

Lo 5 °F</td><td width="11%">Monday

sn70.jpg

Snow

Likely

Hi 5 °F</td><td width="11%">Monday

Night

nsn50.jpg

Chance

Snow

Lo -3 °F</td></tr></tbody></table>

wow... thanks... that kinda puts a damper on my excitement :eek: but the weather reports are always wrong anyway

Nice, Steve.... thanks for the update! I'm home after working today and trying to get myself and my 9 year old packed for tomorrow. (the little one gets to stay home with his dad, but he's 3 1/2 now so time to get him going on the skis!) The first day is always good no matter what.... and if I can avoid rocks and not freeze, even better!

Did you guys here about the plans to expand Lookout? It's a 20 million dollar / 20 year project! Looks pretty nice! There are some maps up in the lodge, I think. They plan to add another base area too. Should be interesting. Don't know where I'll be 20 years from now, but I've very much enjoyed Lookout the past 4 years I've been there and hope to stick around!

We were up Saturday for a grand start to a fantastic season. We have already had more snow in Spokane in the month of November then we did all last winter. I saw the exp:cool:ansion plans. I worry that they are going to get more and more short runs with minimal verticle. Wish they would think about relocating one to two miles north or south of I-90 where there is potential for at least 2.000 ft/ of verticle. The snow is the best. With freeway access, they could compete really will with all areas including Schweitzer.

I drive over two hours to get there (south of Missoula) because we like it there as a family mountain. This will be my 4th year there as an instructor. I just worry that it's going to become too "resort" and loose the family atmosphere. I don't know.... 20 years is a long time to get used to changes, so I guess I'll be ok.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to be up to Lookout this weekend? I've got the next three days planned of riding.... tomorrow at Lost Trail (on the other Montana / Idaho border), then Sunday and Monday at Lookout. Hopefully if it isn't too busy with lessons I'll get to make a few turns!

Kathy

• 2 months later...

Lookout was awesome yesterday! Blue skies, sun, and SNOW!!! (don't forget about the awesome grooming too) When I first arrived, they were faced with the dilema of getting the snow off the roof... two cats, a big rope, ladder, several workers, and lots of spectators! I think they had to resort to shovels and it looks like the only snow removed was what was near the edge. Check out this article: http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/article_9c003a7c-4620-11e0-8d84-001cc4c03286.html

But alas, the sun brings out everyone and I was busy teaching all day.... but the 12 groomer tracks wide on Bonanza kept teasing me all day and by the time I got to it, the ruts from the race course that were set up was a little too much for my tired legs to deal with. Oh well.... still a great day at the mountain!

• 5 weeks later...

Closing day on Sunday..... don't know who's going to be around, but the snow has still been great! Yeah, it gets a little on the soft side by lunch, but still a lot of fun.

I'll be up with the kids. I guess most of my riding buddies are heading north to Whitefish for their closing day, but if anyone is around, let me know. (Evan?)

my last day on snow was Sunday..... spent the day with my kids... AWESOME!!!! my little guy (just turned 4 at the end of March) is getting so much better on his skiis... and my 9 year old daughter was happy to push and pull him around! I guess the power wedges on my skiis when he was in the harness didn't agree with me too awlful much.... SORE hip the next morning... and I thought it was going to be the knee instead! but even a little pain is ok.... it's all worth it with the kids!