Note to New Members ×

Boot sizing.... HUH..?

DiveBomber

Ok so im looking for some new(er) boots, I have some older burton reactors, which ive never used.

I figure i wear 30.5-31 size boots.

I was told these were size 13(us) boots.

I tried on a new pair of head boots in 30.5, and i think thats about as small as id want to go.

BUt then i noticed something i never noticed before, on these burtons, the liners say 29!!! atleast on the upper part of the cuffs, but the bottom of the tounge (nearest the toe) says 29-30.5

Now whats wierd is the shells, cuff and tounge on the inside also say 29-30.5 BUT the lower shell says 29-29.5

SO im trying to figure out how flexible the sizing is. Like can i fit into a 46(euro) boot?

boy its tough with these sizes:rolleyes:

Doesn't matter what "size" the boot say.....the only way to determine if you're in the proper shell size is by doing a "shell fit". After you find the proper shell size, you can then augment the boot to accomodate your boots.

Do a search for "shell fit".....

Originally posted by ncermak

remove the liner from the boot.

place foot in boot shell.

slide foot all the way forward

you should be able to ut 2 fingers between the heel of the shell and the heel of your foot.

for accuracy, someone elses fingers should be used...

-Noah

Yes, but whose fingers are the most accurate? :D

Get a thin, plastic metric ruler, place it flat on the floor. Stand on it, with the very back edge of your heel lined up at the 0 mark. The measurement to your longest toe is your Mondo boot size.

Also, I believe a fewer number of cuffs are fitted to a larger number of lower shells...the size of the lower shell is the important one (corresponding to "boot size").

joe...

Originally posted by joecarve

Yes, but whose fingers are the most accurate? :D

Get a thin, plastic metric ruler, place it flat on the floor. Stand on it, with the very back edge of your heel lined up at the 0 mark. The measurement to your longest toe is your Mondo boot size.

Also, I believe a fewer number of cuffs are fitted to a larger number of lower shells...the size of the lower shell is the important one (corresponding to "boot size").

joe...

Unfortunately...sizing varies by manufacturer.

Also, my people need to downsize off their monda sizing.

I wear US10 running shoes, Measure a Mondo 27R/27.5L, but wear 25.5 boots....

Guest Tim Tuthill

DB: Your going to love this!! Checked my Burton Fires. Inside shell, 27.5-29, tung-27.5-29, inner panel 27-28. Liner on back, 29, on tung front 292?? The finger test is 2. The boots fit perfect. Is this a pain or what?? Oh, another point on these boots, the heel measurement to the toe is 1/4 in diff left to right?? If you are interested in selling your liners, let me know. Your Reactors will not take the Intec heel. If they would, I would still be on mine.