Note to New Members ×

TD1’s on top of Burton Elevators?

Jamie

I just got a set of Burton Elevators on Ebay and I’m wondering if I can mount my TD1’s over them to decrease my angles a bit? (I take an 11 or 12 US)

The Elevators seem a bit flimsy, so I’m afraid that they might snap pretty easily because they’re made for a freestyle set up I think.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Guest AlpentalRider

they are designed for plastic bindings (i.e. softboot). I would not use them on alpine bindings, the stresses are going to be much greater and you are liable to crack them.

Hey Jamie,

Last winter I had to come up with a quick slalom setup (don't know if you were there that night) since Steve was setting up a really tight slalom course (8m radius) for training that night. So I mounted my burton plates on my softboot board complete with the elevators and then pushed like a mad-man. It worked well since the burton plates have a much larger footprint than the TD's, and the burtons are no where near the stiffness of TD's.

So don' t mount the TD's on the elevators or you will be looking at a blow-out for sure and there goes your season.

Take care,

Gord