Note to New Members ×

Softy board and bindings

Board and bindings found and on the way, thanks guys! 10/8/2010

Trying to help a friend find a nice soft boot board.

He has indicated to me that he would be interested in trying hardbooting, but not this season. He needs a really stiff, cambered board that can be used with softboots, maybe hardboots down the line.

The only problem is that he doesn't have a ton of funds to throw at this, so he's looking to spend around $250-300 or so.

He is 5'10" and about 170lbs, so anything from high 150's to low 160's should work.

He's also looking to upgrade his bindings - I think he has burton missions from like 1999... it's pretty bad.

Let me know what you have and we will consider it!

Thanks guys and gals :)

Bought this new as a hold-over in '02. Board is in great shape, a couple scuffs and whatnot but it's got a lot of life left in it. It's quite stiff, holds an edge well. I get out 1-2 times a season in the last 8 years so it hasn't seen a ton of use. Drake bindings. I'm 6'1, 150lbs and it's a tad stiff for me but I like the way it rides. I'll get some pics together. Board is in great shape, a couple scuffs and whatnot but it's got a lot of life left in it. I'll PM the pics and we'll see what you guys think.

Edit: The price will be far under the budget you mentioned.

Was a BX designed board. I used it for racing GS and slalom until switching to hardboots. Its super stiff both laterally and torsionally, and is a 162.

Edges are ready to go, looking to get $150, let me know if that might work.

Edit: Also have two pairs of bindings that could work aswell,