Note to New Members ×

Mt High carpool buddies

slopestar

So I have gotten the wife's approval for a season pass this winter and with Mt High's passes available at the end of the month, I thought I would put out the feelers. I want to go as often as possible to spread the word of the bomber/fine-line carving world to the "mass-skidder" population this winter. I need your help! I live in Costa Mesa and will be heading out the dreaded 91FWY to get to SoCal's version of poser paradise and want to know who's with me? Or who I can meet for all or at least part of the drive. Let's hook up! Have a great rest of the summer or what is left of the summer that wasn't and let the temps drop and the snow fly.

Talked to my dad, we could potentially ride share. The only issue is our quiver that takes up the back seat of the car if we bring all our gear.

We'll have to limit ourselves to 1 board and 1 pair of skis, instead of the usual 3 boards and 4 pairs of skis (3 now, the GS skis broke!)

Luckily he's on little baby SL skis now, so everything fits. No softboot decks allowed, they don't fit through the passthrough in the back seat.

Mt High takes no legs after lunch seriously, my dad and I sometimes don't get there till like noon, and it's quite empty. It's nice to have a GS board with some taper to handle the crud and smooth out the ride a bit, but slalom decks are fun to bounce around the slush bumps.

We go every weekend, all season long. I'll be on the team this year, so I'll be hard(er) to miss.

I am down for sundays for sure. Wife usually caters on saturday nights. I have a 4matic benz wagon with racks so no issues there. Meet in corona and transfer to my rig?? I always bring hard and soft gear so tough ****... I will lay it over softie and switch! But would love to have some critique when it comes to the alpine board

come on man! we had fun at snow valley. baldy is great when its open/no snowmaking potential makes that $100 pass seem really virtual. you and I are local here in the oc so pony up and lets make some turns. $400+ value with the 2 free 8 hour passes. i need a carpool buddy. besides, who will i eat dashbaord burritos at lunch with?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone -

My family and I are relocating to Orange County in October from Reno. We're looking at homes in Huntington Beach / Costa Mesa. Possibly Mission Viejo if my wife gets her way. I'm a little spoiled from boarding in the Tahoe basin. I usually got passes at Mt. Rose (15 minuted from home) and Kirkwood. I'll miss the Tahoe Carvers gang, but looking forward to meeting some new carvers to ride with in Southern California.

How far is Mt. High from Orange County? How about the other resorts like Bear Mountain and Snow Summit? Which is better for carving? Do most of you guys go to Mountain High?

Tae

Most ride at Summit. Chair 6 to be specific. Big Bear is a bit of a trek. On weekends with any new snow can be a nightmare getting there or getting home. If you are stuck riding weekends like I am, The drive to Mt High is much easier. East resort at Mt. High is best for carving as West is full of skidder/gapers. At $299 for a pass for Mt High, it is a bargain. HB or Costa Mesa I would recommend. Mission Viejo leaves you a slave to the toll road or having to drive surface streets to get to the freeways for several miles. Besides CM and HB are "by da beach, Boi!" Look forward to hooking up and linking some turns.

• 2 weeks later...

Chair 7 is the favorite at Summit, someone will be there on almost any Sunday.

Summit usually grooms smoother and has more variety than Mt High, but Mt high East has always been fun for me because it's a mile and a half long and 1600ft vert with a high speed quad. But with the jumps they added last year they kind of ruined the

upper part.

You should try some of the other resorts in So Cal also for a little change,

just post when and where first.:)

See you up there.

I might spend more than a couple days at MH this year. Might be doing it in softboots trying to learn switch riding though. Maybe even some ground tricks, the horror! Just post up when you're going and I"ll let you know if we can pool up. I'm in Santa Ana.

I might spend more than a couple days at MH this year. Might be doing it in softboots trying to learn switch riding though. Maybe even some ground tricks, the horror! Just post up when you're going and I"ll let you know if we can pool up. I'm in Santa Ana.

SWEEET!

<div><embed src="http://www.onetruemedia.com/share_view_player?p=a250a3b034d24bb3f048ca" quality="high" scale="noscale" width="408" height="382" wmode="transparent" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" flashvars="&p=a250a3b034d24bb3f048ca&skin_id=701&host=http://www.onetruemedia.com" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><div style="margin:0px;font:12px/13px verdana,arial,sans-serif;line-height:20px;padding-bottom:15px;width:408px;text-align:center;"><a href="http://www.onetruemedia.com/landing?&utm_source=emplay&utm_medium=txt0" target="_blank" style="text-decoration:none;">Make photo slide shows at <span style="text-decoration:underline;">www.OneTrueMedia.com</span></a></div></div>