Note to New Members ×

Are you offset?........

rikytheripster

.......inserts offset

I bought a prior WCR185 last season as an ex-demo and noticed that the inserts were slightly offset, ie not central on the boards width.They are slightly closer to the toeside edge, am not sure exactly by what distance as the board is at folks house but i was wondering what difference it would make? Would i be right in assuming that it would make toesides harder and heelsides easier? The theory being it would now be easier to effectively pressurize the heelside edge.

Do you guys ride offset?

What are the pros/cons?

Am not sure whether to adjust the bindings to centralise my stance or to keep it offset?

cheers

If they are truly offset, I would say that it is a mistake. Since the board is not an asym., then it should be centered (I never knew asyms not to be centered, though, either). It may be toward your toeside, but it would be toward someone else's heelside - so it is most likely a mistake. I would contact Prior to get the whole scoop.

Guest Todd Stewart

most companies take use the boards that they goofed on in manufacturing and use them as demos, and since you bought and ex-demo, that is probally why the inserts are slightly off

I'd bet that you can negate the offset with clever binding setup. If you have Bombers or Cateks, move the toe and heel blocks a notch or three in the opposite direction of the insert offset, so your boots are centered on the board's centerline.

If my boards have that sort of offset, I would probably never notice. I set up my bindings by putting the boots in the bindings and tipping the board on edge, toeside and heelside, and making sure I can tip the board equally far on either edge at the point where the boots begin to touch the floor. When it's dialed, it's dialed.